2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those four games are absolutely crucial. It's so gutting that we made an utter pigs ear out of the Wolves, Brighton, Southampton, West Ham run of games. That was another glorious opportunity spurned. Hopefully, we're better placed for this next run of potentially winnable games.

I can’t fathom how Lampard wasn’t sacked after Brighton. Yeah of course realistically the ideal time to sack him was after Bournemouth, but Brighton was the night it descended fully into chaos and confirmed there was absolutely no way it could be turned around. Him surviving that game was the equivalent of Benitez surviving the derby last season, the actions of an out of touch owner that just has absolutely no grip on reality and doesn’t understand what’s unfolding in front of him. To still think it could be salvaged after that game is just criminal negligence and incompetence on a nuclear scale from the most dangerous owner in the country.

I see all the Arsenal fans are crying about losing to Dyche’s ‘Anti-Football’

Call me biased, but we were much the more entertaining side yesterday surely?

Bitter cockney biffs

I'm sure we complained about Burnley playing the same way, his side's have always played good football just with less possession

I'm sure we complained about Burnley playing the same way, his side's have always played good football just with less possession
The thing is, we didn’t play like Burnley, we looked more disciplined and and harder working for sure (ok won by a single set piece goal lol ) but I thought we played some really nice attacking football in there as well.

The thing is, we didn’t play like Burnley, we looked more disciplined and and harder working for sure (ok won by a single set piece goal lol ) but I thought we played some really nice attacking football in there as well.

Burnley played well at times, just like we did yesterday

The thing is that it's abrasive and a bit crap to watch - that's why Atletico are/were similarly extremely boring to watch, even when they were winning the lot.

It's very, very effective football with intense pressing but it's also horrible for the spectators due to the directness of the football and how aggressive teams play cuz it just leads to a ton of fouls.

Gets the people going though, evidently, so I'm all for it.

**NOT A COMPARISON OF DYCHE TO CHOLO OBVIOUSLY**

I can’t fathom how Lampard wasn’t sacked after Brighton. Yeah of course realistically the ideal time to sack him was after Bournemouth, but Brighton was the night it descended fully into chaos and confirmed there was absolutely no way it could be turned around. Him surviving that game was the equivalent of Benitez surviving the derby last season, the actions of an out of touch owner that just has absolutely no grip on reality and doesn’t understand what’s unfolding in front of him. To still think it could be salvaged after that game is just criminal negligence and incompetence on a nuclear scale from the most dangerous owner in the country.
Because they had absolutely no plan B, no ability to predict, no ability to prepare for worst case.

Nearly every corner we put in yesterday was a dangerous one and a few dangerous crosses went in also.

I’ve been of the belief all season that we don’t have any players with a decent delivery on them.

Did we just not work on set pieces and crossing opportunities previously? Or is it just because Demairi gray or Gordon have been hogging them and either not beating the first man or shanking them out of play?

Have we actually got a style of play now, is that what’s happened?
It certainly looks that way..
And what a major breakthrough from Dyche that could turn out to be.
Not a single person understood what lamps had us doing out there, not even the players.
( Totally summed up with the saints free kick and the expectance of myko to run back to the line instead of pickford moving )

Another thing I noticed was how composed the players were on the ball....no flapping like it was a hot potato... launch it when that was the thing to do and alternatively even just outside the box ..compose and then play the ball...ok Iwobi had a few moments but overall a huge improvement.

We just need to get away from any stylistic nonsense concerning Dyche. City and Liverpool absolutely major on set pieces and have done for seasons. They are consistently at the top of the most set pieces scored. They’re consistently at the top of goalkeeper assists. Liverpool in particular last season absolutely rained in long balls and crosses. Yet that’s all beautiful football when your manager is called Guardiola or Klopp but not when they’re called Sean Dyche.

We need to stop sneering at set piece goals, or crosses, or long balls, or having a target man, or playing on the counter. There is more than one way to play football. The best football is the football that wins and what we saw yesterday was an Everton team that could have scored three open play goals against the best team in the league in the first half alone, and carried a threat on every set piece.

We’ve got one of the tallest line ups in the league with Tarkowski Mina Coady Keane Onana Doucoure Calvert Lewin. We absolutely should be at the top of the stats for defending and scoring set pieces and using that to our advantage.

This nonsense football hipsterism has to stop because no match going fan will tell you that the football played on Saturday wasn’t entertaining.

Ultimately the only thing that matters is winning. If you are winning games then you are being entertained. There was absolutely zero entertainment in the bad periods under Martinez and Lampard playing numerous mindless passes going nowhere but trying to play a media approved brand of ‘progressive’ football.

It’s utter rubbish and Everton fans going on about it really need to grow up.

We just need to get away from any stylistic nonsense concerning Dyche. City and Liverpool absolutely major on set pieces and have done for seasons. They are consistently at the top of the most set pieces scored. They’re consistently at the top of goalkeeper assists. Liverpool in particular last season absolutely rained in long balls and crosses. Yet that’s all beautiful football when your manager is called Guardiola or Klopp but not when they’re called Sean Dyche.

We need to stop sneering at set piece goals, or crosses, or long balls, or having a target man, or playing on the counter. There is more than one way to play football. The best football is the football that wins and what we saw yesterday was an Everton team that could have scored three open play goals against the best team in the league in the first half alone, and carried a threat on every set piece.

We’ve got one of the tallest line ups in the league with Tarkowski Mina Coady Keane Onana Doucoure Calvert Lewin. We absolutely should be at the top of the stats for defending and scoring set pieces and using that to our advantage.

This nonsense football hipsterism has to stop because no match going fan will tell you that the football played on Saturday wasn’t entertaining.

Ultimately the only thing that matters is winning. If you are winning games then you are being entertained. There was absolutely zero entertainment in the bad periods under Martinez and Lampard playing numerous mindless passes going nowhere but trying to play a media approved brand of ‘progressive’ football.

It’s utter rubbish and Everton fans going on about it really need to grow up.
Was refreshing to see how many times we got the ball into the box. That's Everton football

Status
Not open for further replies.