2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all very strange.

There we were, concerned about Bielsa coming in and it being too much of a shock to the players to play with such high intensity / effort.

In comes the trojan Dyche and does exactly that in his first game.

The two manager candidates are starting to make a bit more sense to me now.

I think the plan was a hard-working, high intensity manager, all along.

Brilliant performance.

Brilliant result.

Brilliant to take into the derby.

However...weve seen this before from most of the players.

Lets see if they can keep it up for the next few games before we start jumping on the bandwagon and forgiving players like Doucoure.

Dyche has a perfect first game...lets see us beat the RS.

Brilliant performance.

Brilliant result.

Lets see if they can keep it up for the next few games before we start jumping on the bandwagon and forgiving players like Doucoure.

I think Dyche won't let players faff about and will probably drop them if they don't show effort in training.

I also suspect Gray's injury is fake lol Won't be surprised if he was just absolutely gassed

Brilliant performance.

Brilliant result.

Will be a hard ask to beat that lot at Anfield. They will raise their game they always do. That said we could get a lot of joy from set plays. They aren’t great defending them lately and we looked dangerous yesterday.

I think Dyche won't let players faff about and will probably drop them if they don't show effort in training.

I also suspect Gray's injury is fake lol Won't be surprised if he was just absolutely gassed

Will be a hard ask to beat that lot at Anfield. They will raise their game they always do. That said we could get a lot of joy from set plays. They aren’t great defending them lately and we looked dangerous yesterday.

We'll see if they have a 2nd performance in them.

It's all very strange.

There we were, concerned about Bielsa coming in and it being too much of a shock to the players to play with such high intensity / effort.

In comes the trojan Dyche and does exactly that in his first game.

The two manager candidates are starting to make a bit more sense to me now.

I think the plan was a hard-working, high intensity manager, all along.

Bielsa whinged about what we had. Dyche works with what we've got

You cant judge the squad on a performance at Anfield.

We turn to mush there always have done - the great Ancelotti got whooped by their school kids der.

If we can nick a point we'll have done very well taking 4 points from Arsenal and RS.
I agree we are terrible at Anfield but the great Ancelotti also won there. If we put in a performance like yesterday we can get a result against that lot. I would be made up with a draw tho.

I agree we are terrible at Anfield but the great Ancelotti also won there. If we put in a performance like yesterday we can get a result against that lot. I would be made up with a draw tho.

Zero fans there though I'll be shocked if the result had been the same in normal circumstances.

I'm hopeful of a win but thats based on more them looking shot at the moment but a derby game means they'll be up for it and will likely be at usual levels compared to what they've seen against Wolves and Brighton.

A draw would be a solid result.

It’s only one game but it’s embarrassing how tactically out of depth Lampard looks compared to Dyche. We never looked in danger of losing that game and everyone knew their jobs. Not only that but within game we were tactically flexible too, something Lampard was notoriously bad at.
I think this is something that will become glaringly obvious in the next few weeks. We all liked lampard, but he’s a crap manager. I seen more energy from dyche on the touchline yesterday in the first 10 mins than I have seen from lampard in months.

Just glad we stopped passing it around needlessly and causing our own demise. It was nothing fancy yesterday. Goalkeeper put the ball on the head of the best in the premiership at jumping. We got people around him and put pressure on the opposition. Normally it’s 30 odd passes and then back to our own keeper. Which resulted in us making a tonne of mistakes. Totally bypassed their midfield also stopping them playing their high press. It will be the same against Liverpool. They can’t hurt us too much if the can’t press us in our own half.

Biggest compliment I can pay him, is that it felt so much like a Moyes game yesterday where you knew from minute one we were getting a result
Personally wasn't, Moyes games at 1:0 was squeaky bum time and 11 in the box. Moved as a unit and overall more coordinated, but yeah, never looked consistently threatening.

Status
Not open for further replies.