2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-4-2 Grinding horrible snides looking for set piece winners. It's what I live for. Bring back Marcus Bent.
I'm properly aroused. Dogs of war, bring it.

I was doing some reading about his time at Burnley. It's easy to be snobby, but he properly cobbled together a squad on the cheap that frequently punched well above its weight.

If he gets results out of our collection of turds I'll be delighted.

They pressed us into a fine pulp in the second half of that game at Turf Moor last season.
Yeah he's half and half though. He presses the teams he thinks stink which surprise surprise included Everton.

To me if you're going to be really direct you've got to back it up with pressing all the time or you get into games where you're losing the possession and territory very badly.

I'm properly aroused. Dogs of war, bring it.

I was doing some reading about his time at Burnley. It's easy to be snobby, but he properly cobbled together a squad on the cheap that frequently punched well above its weight.

If he gets results out of our collection of turds I'll be delighted.
I don't hold out much hope for this season but if we are to get safe that's the way we'll do it. And I think the fans would get behind it. We don't ask for much but a bit of effort and backbone goes a long way.

If he can get them to buy into him, we will be better than the sum of our parts. That's a big if tho
Oh they'll buy into him alright!

I heard in addition to wearing the long black socks for training, they must also refer to the manager as "Daddy Dyche".

When Burnley won the Championship in the 2015-16 season, they weren't even among the top favourites. Meanwhile, they got 93 points, and scored 72 goals that season - despite losing Danny Ings. When Leeds won the Championship under Bielsa they got 93 points and scored 77 goals. So under fairly similar conditions, Bielsa's ultra offensive team scored 5 goals more than Dyche's ultra defensive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.