2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche is a careful talker. The fact that he even “let slip” 2 didn’t respond is relevant and deliberate.

The optional nature of it is necessary for it to work at all, so players voluntarily buy in to it.

But I am surprised anyone wouldn’t respond. If asked why do you think this group of players is underperforming, for a few million quid a year, I think you should probably have an opinion, and if so you should definitely air it for the benefit of all. This isn’t a staff survey at Next/Boots head office about equality and pathways to promotion.
Think it quite bizarre myself.

Shades of Brendan Rogers locking envelopes in a draw when he was at Liverpool.

I was e
Thought his comments about 'Kev' n the chairman constantly being on the phones late into the night ' I know cos I saw them ' was a bit bizarre, as he left FF on Tuesday evening before the window had shut ?
I was watching SKY when it was reported he had just left FF, it was 9.40pm.
I think we all had accepted nothing was happening at that stage.

Not only is the right to not answer important, it also tells him something of their personality, that they are perhaps willing to go along with the group or that they don't know the answers and would prefer to say nothing. Coupled with other interactions it helps him get to know the squad. Taking part, just for the sake of saying something rather than nothing is of less use to him than their silence
Or illiterate or English is a second language and don’t like forms

Is it like a work questionnaire which is meant to be confidential and anonymous but it asks you what team you are in?
What sex are you?
What age are you?

What position do you play?
Do you like handbags?
Etc etc

It's right, he did exactly that. Don't put any of them on the spot by making it non verbal and anonymous.

That said, is it a tried and tested management technique?

It is, but in my experience is dressed up a bit, rather then a piece of paper, and "Whats wrong then?"

SWOT analysis for example. (Strengths, Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats). There is another one we used thats similar, but cant recall it. But was essentially, "What can YOU do to improve, and what can help/stop/interfere with you improving."

I'd say getting feedback from employees is expected in every single organisation. The key thing is interpreting, then doing something with the information you're given.

It is, but in my experience is dressed up a bit, rather then a piece of paper, and "Whats wrong then?"

SWOT analysis for example. (Strengths, Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats). There is another one we used thats similar, but cant recall it. But was essentially, "What can YOU do to improve, and what can help/stop/interfere with you improving."
Ok cheers.

i'd love to see some of the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.