2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelwell's first hire who then did a runner.

As much as I think Thelwell deserves crticism, we do know where the issue lies.

EDIT: He's now deleted. It was Kevin Nicholson, saying how important alignment is through a club.

Is waiting until the last day of the window a usual Thelwell trait or is it the usual Bill Kenwright thinking he is the master negotiator and getting last minute good deals?

I don’t remember Wovles doing this (never really paid attention to them tbf) and seems more of an incompetent Everton board kind of thing.
Very much Kenwright.

Thelwell has his work cut out. I also don't think he's that good. It's like Lampard.

Was he a good manager? No. Was he helped at all by the circus at the top? No.

His position is untenable. It was after Danjumma and it most certainly is now.

I hear lots of "it's not his fault" nonsense. If that is the case, he should be removed anyway because he's just another shield for the real culprits to hide behind.

Thelwell may very well be an innocent - highly remunerated - stooge. But as long as we tolerate stooges, Kenwright and Moshiri can keep lobbing stooges into the mix to use as human shields.

In the end, it's Moshiri and Kewnright who have led us to this - and, likely, the Championship. Thelwell is just another roadblock to getting at them.

EDIT: He's now deleted. It was Kevin Nicholson, saying how important alignment is through a club.

Do you know what happened with him?

Not the main problem, but if he was professional and dynamic he’d have steamrollered the rest of the Board last week outlining what was about to happen and proposing his sticking plaster solutions.

Has been confirmed by other clubs that Bill was always first contact for all transfer related matters, but it’s been KT since he arrived. Don’t believe for one second that Mosh would have blocked every player on a list of very cheap players/loans/freebies if presented with them and told the squad needed something/anything to freshen it up, and these are all we can get. If KT couldn’t see what was about to hit the fan over the weekend and adjust his targets accordingly, then he’s just as crap as the rest of them, and more thick than he looks. Even worse if he was mislead, as should have walked.

If he persisted trying to get sign off for players we were never ever going to get, he’s just flat out bad at his job.

Had a chance this window to correct his mistakes from the summer and he's failed miserably. Yes he's probably just another patsy for the criminals who run us, but that doesn't excuse that he does wield some degree of influence and there is a big wide market out there that can accommodate for even the most meagre budgets - and apart from the Danjuma deal we have came absolutely nowhere near getting anyone in this month. It's scandalous.

Quite impressive that we have managed to find a third chocolate teapot on the trot as DoF. Certainly not a surprise given our monstrous track record of appointing managers but impressive nonetheless.

We've done it a lot in the past.

But considering our financials, how we operate, and the league position we're in now is completely different to what we were previously.

In the past we had Moyes recruiting, and even if he waited until the last minute I was confident he’d more often than not gone for the right player. We were trying to get them on the cheap and it was still a shambles in how we operated but I trusted Moyes.

If the approaches for the likes of Sarr/Giroud etc. are true then that is just blind scattergun panic. I’d have had more respect if they’d come out and said that their targets were overpriced and they didn’t want to move on anyone else. I wouldn’t have agreed with it but at least there’d have been evidence of some sort of process being followed.

Instead we had supermarket sweep.

Ive just seen this

Who was he and what was he at the club I didn't even know he was here and left!

Status
Not open for further replies.