2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, this team would be fine with a better striker and the likes of Danjuma who agreed to come because of Frank. Danjuma scored in his first game for Spurs ffs. Dyche doesn't have the same appeal to players and the mess of sacking a manager with a week to go of the window left us in an even less desirable place.
We now have to hope that Dyche can motivate the players and Dominic Calvert-Lewin finds his form, Simms is given a chance.
Frank was let down by either the owner or board not buying a striker on Jan 1st. Clearly Moshiri has no money without Usmanov.

Southampton, Brighton, Forest, Wolves, Watford (in the prem), Bournemouth sign players without the need of a name manager to get it over the line.

Indecision cost us. Leaving it late cost us. Have a list of players that were difficult to persuade cost us.

Last edited:
No excuse whatsoever to not bring in a single body who could offer something to a team destined for relegation.

We were putting bids in;

Even if...

No money? Loans. Danjuma type. We used to do this all the time.
Little money? Gray was £1.7m and Townsend free, who give us a lot last season.

This fella isn't the biggest problem, but he's part of the problem. He spent a few bob in the summer and totally neglected forward areas.

+ Elanga, Danjuma etc.

Gonzo needs to leave. He had one job. 10s of millions at stake if we go down - find at least one player, loan or buy.

To make matters worse he’s got a player doing media interviews and a medical who then goes to spurs.

If I supported any other club I’d be laughing.
Tbf that can’t be put on him, Danjuma and his agent refused to sign the registration once Spurs got a whiff, everything else was done

I understand if Plan A falls through but B, C, D to Ayew.

Either the fella had NO money or he didn't plan ahead. But given the panic bidding for anyone over 6'1, I think he has truly crapped the bed.

We're a basket case club that agents don't really want their clients going to unless we over paid. Managers don't want to let younger players come to us on loan as it's a waste of their development due to how we're ran (see Elanga).

We couldn't or didn't even look for players to take off wage bills on loan in the league either because we're a circus ran by clowns.

A few players that left on loan.... Spence from Spurs. Ramsey from Villa. Bryan Gill, Mckennie, Chris Wood...all loans we could've easily got but I bet never even bothered

No excuse whatsoever to not bring in a single body who could offer something to a team destined for relegation.

We were putting bids in;

Even if...

This fella isn't the biggest problem, but he's part of the problem. He spent a few bob in the summer and totally neglected forward areas.

+ Elanga, Danjuma etc.

Exactly.

Has nothing to do with NOT being able to bring bodies in...has everything to do with HOW we went about it and how we're ran as a club.

Hi Kev, it would be nice to hear from you today with an explanation of what went wrong/what went well in the January window.

Kev…

Kev…

Are you there Kev?

Kev?

We were putting bids in;

Even if...

+ Elanga, Danjuma etc.

I believe we were putting bids in knowing the selling club or player we’re going to refuse. This is Everton FC and the chance to play in the PL and I’m not having they couldn’t get a deal over the line.

This club is more broken that we actually think, and we know it’s rotten.

We were putting bids in;

Even if...

+ Elanga, Danjuma etc.

Spot on.

And this mad excuse people are using of 'targets changed once Dyche came in' doesn't stand up as soon as you see the players they moved for were targets under Lampard too.

Here you go Kev...List of players some teams would've liked to maybe cash in on as their contracts are about to expire this year....

But no, you wanted to pay £30mill for Sarr.

Here's some frees too mate...

If you did some research...some may help

Is waiting until the last day of the window a usual Thelwell trait or is it the usual Bill Kenwright thinking he is the master negotiator and getting last minute good deals?

I don’t remember Wovles doing this (never really paid attention to them tbf) and seems more of an incompetent Everton board kind of thing.

Is waiting until the last day of the window a usual Thelwell trait or is it the usual Bill Kenwright thinking he is the master negotiator and getting last minute good deals?

I don’t remember Wovles doing this (never really paid attention to them tbf) and seems more of an incompetent Everton board kind of thing.

We've done it a lot in the past.

But considering our financials, how we operate, and the league position we're in now is completely different to what we were previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.