January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Red Echo is having its best time in years, salivating over swoops, snubs, snatches and other expressions to describe how Everton were outdone by all their rivals.

Reading that we were offered Omari Huchinson from Chelsea on loan but turned it down as we felt he was "too young to play in a relegation battle".

Absolute insanity.

That sounds like the exact sort of flawed thinking that has led us to this situation.

I suggested Cole Palmer earlier in the day. Surely players like that could have been completed?

Fair one.

I think the club is under some illusion that we are absolutely fine to carry on with what we have
I wonder how "shocked" they will be when it comes back to bite them firmly on the ass, as im sure it will!
Not sure how they even managed to convince Dyche to come on board?
They have done a managed decline on this club with some aplomb and it's scary where it ends!
So sad in many ways for what is one of the Greatest Clubs in World Football, yes only historically but still correct.

My Grandad will be turning in his grave at what has become of us.

Only just seen the clip on Sky where it was mentioned that contacts from other clubs had said we were a hindrance to lots of deals getting done. We put ourselves at the table in a lot of deals, but we’re either unable or unwilling to make offers that were ever likely to succeed, and it held up negotiations for the clubs making proper offers (I’m assuming mainly Southampton).

Shocking. I do think recent events have made it harder to attract players, particularly young promising ones, but that is still on the board for stoking the fire. But if we had no ability to compete, surely just stay out of it, make a statement about the finances and belief in the current squad etc. Don’t be snivelling round on the fringes of negotiations offering less than amounts already rejected. Being honest would still invoke anger, but nothing like this.

Might be utterly terrible at everything on and off the pitch but at least have some bloody class and dignity.

Despite any narrative to the contrary - it's pretty clear that the club is close to broke, it's not just FFP.

I reckon we blew what we had on Lampard in desperation and Gordon was just breathing room to continue with Dyche.

Perhaps we could have stretched to reasonably priced loans, but they didn't happen.

The phantom bids were probably all on terms that no other club would accept - little to do with the players.

The writing should have been on the wall when it emerged Bielsa wanted to coach the under 21's. No money was available to sign players this window, or possibly next. So his plan was to start prepping the reserves to play his way and then use them to fill holes in his squad when he took over the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.