Bill Kenwright

The reality of the Kenwright/Moshiri dynamic is that we'd be better off with just moshiri and a compentent board than we are right now. Would it be challenging for top 6 better? no probably not but it wouldn't be this. 77 year old Bill Kenwright shouldn't be involved in talent evaluation and acquisition in 2023. Just shouldn't happen and it hurts the club.

Get him out. Get a competent chairman and board in that can limit moshiri's influence and move forward until he sells .

Which begs the question why has Moshiri kept Bill on as Chairman over the past six yesrs of decay, fiasco and impending disaster.

Which begs the question why has Moshiri kept Bill on as Chairman over the past six yesrs of decay, fiasco and impending disaster.
I think there's probably 3 different potential explanations.
1. Moshiri genuinely bought the line bill sold him that he was well respected in football and the right man to keep leading everton because he's from the city/loves the club etc. (doesn't fly for me because we have 6 years of evidence that he's very bad at it.)

2. There was a clause in the sale of the club that essentially said Bill gets to stay until he decides to leave or has no choice due to health

3. Bill, DBB, and the rest of the board are complicit in the dirty russian money coming from Usmanov and have so much dirt on both Moshiri and Usmanov that the second they are sacked M/U will be sanctioned again and put through the Roman Abramovich treatment losing their investment entirely.

The reality of the Kenwright/Moshiri dynamic is that we'd be better off with just moshiri and a compentent board than we are right now. Would it be challenging for top 6 better? no probably not but it wouldn't be this. 77 year old Bill Kenwright shouldn't be involved in talent evaluation and acquisition in 2023. Just shouldn't happen and it hurts the club.

Get him out. Get a competent chairman and board in that can limit moshiri's influence and move forward until he sells .

I read online that Bill was allowed to build his own ally and acolytes within the board. Moshiri/Bill dynamic caused a lot of confusion - which infamously landed us with 3 No. 10s. For better or worse, Bill remains largely influential in our recent talent acquisition as all potential signings identified by Thewell still requires Bill's approval, according to a former Everton scout. I think Bill is suspicious of DOF and in his own way trying to "defend" the club from "non-Everton/Local" influences (at least that's what I think Bill is thinking)

Regardless, the club needs to have a clear hierarchy - whether is Bill being the DOF or let Thewell be the DOF and stick to it. Instead of such confusing power matrix which does the club no good.

It is shocking that Moshiri as an owner allowed this to happen and basically our club decline is due to those two having power struggle and ego clashing in the background.

It's up to the owner to.oversea all this, we didn't throw money around when Bill owned the club and ran it really well, Farhad should do the same

That does not work, the landscape has changed. Back then teams like Forest, Palace, Bournemouth etc. weren't spending. The TV money has levelled out the competition, if you simply stop spending you'll go down as everyone can afford those type of players we had a good time with.

I read online that Bill was allowed to build his own ally and acolytes within the board. Moshiri/Bill dynamic caused a lot of confusion - which infamously landed us with 3 No. 10s. For better or worse, Bill remains largely influential in our recent talent acquisition as all potential signings identified by Thewell still requires Bill's approval, according to a former Everton scout. I think Bill is suspicious of DOF and in his own way trying to "defend" the club from "non-Everton/Local" influences (at least that's what I think Bill is thinking)

Regardless, the club needs to have a clear hierarchy - whether is Bill being the DOF or let Thewell be the DOF and stick to it. Instead of such confusing power matrix which does the club no good.

It is shocking that Moshiri as an owner allowed this to happen and basically our club decline is due to those two having power struggle and ego clashing in the background.
Bill Kenwright needs to go

End of

He's an utter disgrace and his 25 years with no trophies speaks for itself

It's up to the owner to.oversea all this, we didn't throw money around when Bill owned the club and ran it really well, Farhad should do the same
He had no money to spend you dolt! Remember those transfer windows of letting Arteta go etc and nobody coming in?

He got lucky that he got a good manager in Moyes. That’s it, that’s all he has ever done right. Any decent players brought in on a shoestring budget was down to Moyes.

You are fantasising and making up stuff to make the past look better than it was.

He even sold our best ever player and made him put in a transfer request so he could go to the club he wanted to as he was being forced out, just so your beloved Bill could hold onto power.

You either suffer from amnesia or are just being a knobhead.

The idea that Bill Kenwright is involved in player evaluation is astounding and worrying. He probably hasn't played in 70 years. I can imagine his only contribution was bringing a ball, even then I bet he was shoved in goal. Not that playing should be important but what training has he had, coaching badges no. Just arrogance and narcissism.

I disagree with that, it was ran worse than a corner shop.

He added a reverse mortgage to Goodison for 25 years.

Sold Bellefield and rented Finch farm.

A budget was kept to with loans and player sales. There are miles more lies and deception but I can't make you drink the water.

I could take the loans and player sales if they had the driven the club forward with merchandising and a strategy. The strategy was living hand to mouth.

I disagree with that, it was ran worse than a corner shop.

He added a reverse mortgage to Goodison for 25 years.

Sold Bellefield and rented Finch farm.

A budget was kept to with loans and player sales. There are miles more lies and deception but I can't make you drink the water.

I could take the loans and player sales if they had the driven the club forward with merchandising and a strategy. The strategy was living hand to mouth.
@4737carlin is basically trying to gaslight and hoping everybody has forgotten all of this.

Remember the Fortress Sports Funds bollocks too. The man is a snake and has managed to hoodwink people into thinking he gives a toss for years.

It’s just a shame he’s only finally been rumbled now.

@4737carlin is basically trying to gaslight and hoping everybody has forgotten all of this.

Remember the Fortress Sports Funds bollocks too. The man is a snake and has managed to hoodwink people into thinking he gives a toss for years.

It’s just a shame he’s only finally been rumbled now.
The Fortress Sports Fund debacle could be considered fraud from all I've read and heard from people who were at the EFC AGM

The now "Chairman" presented an individual claiming to be an investor, where no funds existed

To then prevent genuine investment from other sources that would have seen the now "Chairman" potentially lose influence at the club

?‍♂️