2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm right in thinking we've dropped our price from 60 to 40 (add ons). I guess that's the upside down everton way of maximising profits.

It's making sure we get something for him and having cash to spend in this window. If we had priced ourselves out we'd have had a player sulking the place out and a couple of YTS lads as our great hope to get us out of the relegation places.

This move is so depressing..

Buy young talent and sell high? All for that.
But keep the homegrown ones… our quickest player in a squad that is slower than treacle ..and he’s gone.
Badly managed over and over again, harrased by ‘fans’ ….is it any wonder her wants out?
we’re losing our. It’s talented player…. For what?
The ultimate in short term thinking .. and we do short term thinking over and over again..and it always comes back to bite us.

This move is so depressing..

Buy young talent and sell high? All for that.
But keep the homegrown ones… our quickest player in a squad that is slower than treacle ..and he’s gone.
Badly managed over and over again, harrased by ‘fans’ ….is it any wonder her wants out?
we’re losing our. It’s talented player…. For what?
The ultimate in short term thinking .. and we do short term thinking over and over again..and it always comes back to bite us.
Completely agree, we have to sell a homegrown player as we need money. An absolute disgraceful situation, and it will bite us in the ass again and again. He didn't have to go and should not have to.

Going to a club with more potential than us, a better manager, better supporters and will be in Europe next season rather than potentially the championship.

We can all laugh and say we have ripped Newcastle off but Gordon is the winner in this mess.

He can still be the winner and we can still have ripped them off, they aren’t mutually exclusive.

Moshiri according to sky

Same sky that moshiri's media mouthpiece works for?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

Well I’ve sponsored Anthony Gordon for the past four seasons , having watched him come through from a spindly 16 year old playing in a pre season u 18 tournament. I’m vaguely sorry to see him go , I think he did what so many of our Academy players have failed to do and took responsibility for improving his body strength and upping his game to PL level. £40 mill is a good deal for us and Newcastle get a young English player who they can develop further ….. or not, who knows. Life goes on, I just wish I had confidence we’ll spend the money wisely .

Status
Not open for further replies.