2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this very moment, it couldn't be a better deal for the club.

Gives us money to play with an act fast with over the weekend

The player hasn't been particularly effective this season, lacks end product and attitude has become extremely unpalatable

He wants to leave and £40m to us right now is just absolutely season changing. PROVIDED, we spend it
Provided we spend it …..well

and most likely we squander it on a load of rubbish

Realistically wasn't going to happen though. Spurs had no need to break the bank for him, he was really important to us but all things considered he isn't actually that good. I hope things improve for Richarlison, I hope they don't for Gordon.

Amazing the contrast in how the two left the club, isn’t it? difference in class as a person to be sure.

Always looked like he had potential, but this season he's been little more than a pace merchant with little end product. Lacks creativity and seems to crumble in front of goal.

That's not to say he can't develop into a good player as he's still young, but if the fee being talked about is correct, I think it's a good deal for a player who, in his present form, offers us very little.

That said, I do seriously question our ability to spend the money wisely on a replacement. ?‍♂️

To be fair to him he might look better in a side with a creative midfield player and players that will look to play in the opposition half.

Status
Not open for further replies.