January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Gordon deal is true, you would think that as we've been negotiating as while we will have options and fees agreed already for incomings.
Bet ye we haven't though and are about to get our pants pulled down when we blow all the cash on Arnautovic/Antonio and Ziyech
Arnautovic for 10M and Ziyech on loan would be fine and the rest on a couple of speedy wingers/attacking midfielders from the French league.

Absolutely massive NO to selling Branthwaite. He starts for us next year, nailed on if we go down and probably in the prem too.

Now what wonders can we conjure up with £40m? If Arnautovic or Ziyech are involved I give up. No aging players on big money and no resale value.
well depends on what happens to our current centre backs
Dyche will play only 2 CB's so Coady and Tarkowski. Keane might be given a new lease of life and Godfrey will be a Dyche type of player.
So i expect Holgate to leave seeing he has limited playing time and Mina's contract is up.
So it depends a bit if Keane sticks around or goes anyway if he is still behind Coady/ Tarkowski.
I would wait till the summer with Branthwaite

Don’t trust them to reinvest the Gordon money. Names like Ndiaye and Sulemana are fine until they either don’t bid enough or dawdle and they get poached. Then in the panic hours we’re stuck with Arnie on 120k a week for 3 years and Ryan Fraser the same. Sorry lads I just don’t see this going well but will be happily vaulted if they pull something out the hat. A productive winger is beyond a priority at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.