2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of players are limited. His injuries definitely haven't helped but if you starve a striker of service and isolate him in the way we do, he's never going to look good.

Yes but he could do a bit more

You see him leisurely jogging up the pitch next to the defenders where are the runs in behind

@MikeH72

Adam Armstrong scored 28 goals in 2020-21 in the Championship
Neal Maupay scored 25 goals in 2018-19 in the Championship
Che Adams scored 22 goals in 2018-19 in the Championship
Ollie Watkins, definitely the best of the lot, 26 goals in 2019-20 in the Championship

Yes but he could do a bit more

You see him leisurely jogging up the pitch next to the defenders where are the runs in behind
he makes them quite a bit, our players don't find him.

There was one last week where all Iwobi had to do was give Dom the ball and he was clean through. He hesitated and then the defenders played offside.

Same happened with Gray.

He was poor yesterday of course, and he needs to do that more, but when you're playing with complete tosh it doesn't help.

And what we have behind him is complete tosh, in a tosh system.

he makes them quite a bit, our players don't find him.

There was one last week where all Iwobi had to do was give Dom the ball and he was clean through. He hesitated and then the defenders played offside.

Same happened with Gray.

He was poor yesterday of course, and he needs to do that more, but when you're playing with complete tosh it doesn't help.

And what we have behind him is complete tosh, in a tosh system.
Possibly, we are the worst team for crossing I've ever seen

I honestly think DCL is living in his head too much, as far as his football is concerned, and it's messing him up on the field. Either that or he just can't be arsed anymore ?‍♂️

All the talk that he needs service.. just look at when we played Fulham with Mitrovic up front. I think he had 10 shots against us. Just him.

Not because they had pinpoint service to him, but because his movement is better, he puts himself about, and he makes things happen, he makes a yard of space to get a shot away. He doesn’t wait for the ball to come to him 5 yards out.

@MikeH72

Adam Armstrong scored 28 goals in 2020-21 in the Championship
Neal Maupay scored 25 goals in 2018-19 in the Championship
Che Adams scored 22 goals in 2018-19 in the Championship
Ollie Watkins, definitely the best of the lot, 26 goals in 2019-20 in the Championship

All of them 4 players don't rely on the ball hitting their shins from 3 yards out to score though.

I honestly think Dominic Calvert-Lewin is living in his head too much, as far as his football is concerned, and it's messing him up on the field. Either that or he just can't be arsed anymore ?‍♂️
I think you and others are thinking way too much into it and are missing the obvious in front of you.

DCL improved year on year for us until he got a nasty set of injuries that have basically derailed him for a year.

It's not because he lives in his head or wants to model or even that he has always been crap, his injuries and poor treatment of them have messed him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.