Threat to Board members safety means they wont attend southampton game

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my personal pov, this just stinks of Kenwright theatrics combined with a bit of Prentice spin.

Absolutely no mention in that club statement regarding any police involvement whatsoever. It’s from an internal “security advisor’s safety assessment”. Therefore I have to question the validity of any alleged threats.

I did chuckle at the line that the board have “reluctantly” agreed to not attend. What a load of tripe. They were desperate not to have to show their faces at today’s game.

So the version of events has already changed in one hour. Initially DBB was physically 'jostled' and security stepped in. Now her car was spat on and 'rocked'. Which is it? Why release this piecemeal before kickoff?

Stinks of Kenright with his press pals on speeddial.
I heard 1,000 fans chased DBB home with machetes, grenades and tanks but she took the rural route home so unfortunately there was no cctv or signal.

The very last quote from a 'clubs spokesman' really drills home the purpose of that statement.

They could have just not attended and left it.

Now, if they wanted to release a statement, they could have simply put. We're not attending due to safety concerns. Pretty grim, but nowhere near as bad as.

''never before has our entire Board of Directors been ordered not to attend a match on safety grounds. It is a profoundly sad day for Everton and Evertonians.”

 Division and a stab at the fans to the national media, plain and simple. Disgrace.

This is just a small sample of what the board is aiming to do -- split the fan base.

The board no doubt will use this is an opportunity to slither oot of heat but lets not be naive in thinking a handful of blerts probably haven't acted shamefully or sent threats.

I despise Kenwright but if its true that Denise has been spat at etc then whilst only a tiny minority of our fans its still abhorrent behaviour.

As usual the minority letting the majority down. Hopefully the media acknowledge that when attempting to paint everyone with the same brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.