Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard is obviously not good enough - but the standard of the squad is appalling. If anything we have made it worse since he got here - certainly going forward.

Wolves - bottom of the table, yet they can still bring on Nunez, Jimenez, traore , bloke who achieved the winner. We have one striker out and have nothing to change the game.
Wolves have worst attackers than we do, yet won. It doesnt matter if you know their name, they had scored 8 goals in 15 matches. Right now the bigger issue to me is Lampard is bringing the team below its talent level, which does have players such as Onana, Gueye, Coady, Pickford in a core that made the world cup for good squads. Yes, the front 3 are the issue, but thats because its combined with Lampards refusal to attack anything. The standard of player I would suggest is much better than it was last season with a much better core than that which survived relegation. Its not good enough to compete for the top 8, but its not where its playing right now. You cant tell me watching the matches that the attackers are being put in position to succeed but are just missing lots of shots, passes, and turning it over when going at players. If hes happy with what they have done(and all indications are he is) it means they are doing as he has told them.

Our midfield is dreadful, gueye and Onana offer nothing going forward and don't protect the defence.
I think the problem is we are being managed wrong, defence and midfield on paper looks decent, but they are just way off it’s only the manager to blame for that. Gueye was quite effective for Senegal in the World Cup playing forward more, but he shows none of that at Everton. A lot of the players aren’t rubbish but are only currently playing at about 50% of there ability, it’s an on going theme and was happening a good few managers a go, they need a manager that is going to lay into them and scare the life of of them, I have a feeling Everton is an easy place to be a footballer and that needs to change ASAP.

We can’t rely on miracles the board needs to act now or we are in big trouble, since Frank had come here I like him but unfortunately it’s proving the Everton job is to hard for him, but he isn’t the first that has happened to.

I agree mate.

Nothing against Frank, but this is clearly not working.

If Everton turn this round and win their next 3 games, I think the bookies and premier league would smell a rat, that’s how bad the form is. There is no way this is changing. Frank will want to limp on thinking things will get better. It won’t, sorry Frank.

That final goal was laughable and totally sums us up right now. Defenders playing sideward passes with no clue what to do with the ball, whilst of our players stand in a line with not a single one of them dropping short between the lines to get on the ball and take some accountability. So we lump the ball forward in true hit and hope style and 30 seconds later the ball is in the back of our net. All of our problems are born from bow totally inept we are in possession.

Wolves have worst attackers than we do, yet won. It doesnt matter if you know their name, they had scored 8 goals in 15 matches. Right now the bigger issue to me is Lampard is bringing the team below its talent level, which does have players such as Onana, Gueye, Coady, Pickford in a core that made the world cup for good squads. Yes, the front 3 are the issue, but thats because its combined with Lampards refusal to attack anything. The standard of player I would suggest is much better than it was last season with a much better core than that which survived relegation. Its not good enough to compete for the top 8, but its not where its playing right now. You cant tell me watching the matches that the attackers are being put in position to succeed but are just missing lots of shots, passes, and turning it over when going at players. If hes happy with what they have done(and all indications are he is) it means they are doing as he has told them.

I disagree with you on the Wolves point. I think they have much better players than us overall.

Our defence is better but their attack is much much better. They bring on all sorts of decent options whereas we bring on Gray and a young lad who might be good in Cannon

Dear everton

It’s very simple. Sign a striker or 3.

You know those people who put the ball in the net.

Yours

The fans.
I think it runs deeper than that, we have good players further back but very few are playing well enough, yes we need better forwards but also need players in other positions playing much better.

Why did we bother signing him as he's played about as much as El Ghazi did last season. Some utterly bewildering stuff goes on at this club.

Luis Boa Morte was an assistant here wasn't he? Another superstar of the Portuguese game.
We had him for a few seasons - he’s a wing back, can’t defend or play in a back four. Been loaned out all over the place and can’t nail a starting spot.

No he really shouldn’t have got the job, but them 2 would struggle big time here. It’s weird but we sort of need a manager that will scare the squad into playing to win Dyche for example perhaps could do that, so it’s not so much of a good manager we need as Howe and Potter are good, but we need a strong character.
Pragmatic type. I hear you. I fear without investment though, nothing changes. Our players just aren't good enough

No you’re right - it’s undoubtedly a combination of lampard’s lack of ability and the attacks lack of ability.

No one one earth would think cannon, grey and doucoure are better attacking bench options than jiemenez, traore and nunes.

I agree mate.

Nothing against Frank, but this is clearly not working.

If Everton turn this round and win their next 3 games, I think the bookies and premier league would smell a rat, that’s how bad the form is. There is no way this is changing. Frank will want to limp on thinking things will get better. It won’t, sorry Frank.
100% agree, I think he’s tried his best but sometime your best isn’t good enough.

I disagree with you on the Wolves point. I think they have much better players than us overall.

Our defence is better but their attack is much much better. They bring on all sorts of decent options whereas we bring on Gray and a young lad who might be good in Cannon
Wolves attackers are horrendous

They are dire

But we are Everton

That final goal was laughable and totally sums us up right now. Defenders playing sideward passes with no clue what to do with the ball, whilst of our players stand in a line with not a single one of them dropping short between the lines to get on the ball and take some accountability. So we lump the ball forward in true hit and hope style and 30 seconds later the ball is in the back of our net. All of our problems are born from bow totally inept we are in possession.
To be fair, every Everton fan, me included was shouting to go forward. We threw players up and got caught on the counter, if you can’t win games, don’t lose. 1 point would have been much much better than 0 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.