New Everton Stadium Discussion

@arch stanton. North Stand (again).

Look at that overhang of the Gabba Stadium in Brisbane.

27607e88fac2143a2ce1228fb7fec5cf65e647d5

Where there's a will there's a way.

Boss pics mate ? right in that corner of the West Stand Lower, looks like a proper obstructed view doesn't it ? I know it isn't as its like Spurs stand but just looks like they'd be completely blocked by the South Stand wall.
I thought the same.

Seats there won't be able to see the full pitch.

In the original design it was different, which I thought looked better

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221220-171110.png
    Screenshot_20221220-171110.png
    853.6 KB · Views: 116

@arch stanton. North Stand (again).

Look at that overhang of the Gabba Stadium in Brisbane.

27607e88fac2143a2ce1228fb7fec5cf65e647d5

Where there's a will there's a way.
Not sure what your point is Dave, I know this can be done structurally speaking, I'm not sure whether the Brizzy planning authorities work to the same rules as UK Councils and by the looks of it, that road looks very much like a public road so the planners are likely to be the ones that would give permission for a flying freehold over their own land (and give outline/likelihood of permission of this at an early stage).
The land next to ours is privately leased, there may be covenants on it about sub letting o other permissions of use, changes to these may be time consuming, United Utilies may have their own plans for it and don't have to give any indication beforehand of what their decisions may or may not be.

We could have banged in an application to do this, applied for a compulsory purchase order that United Utilities contest and we would still be at the planning stage now, rather than looking at building work racing along.

As @James Patrick mentions, that's not our land. We borrowed some of their land whilst the build takes place. The boundary (once the stadium is complete) goes up to the edge of the North Stand.
That's even worse nbewes then.

But there's drawings of the concourse at that end of the ground that shows trees behind that north stand. Those drawings suggest far more available space than what you're saying in terms of handing back borrowed land to UU.

?‍♂️

Not sure what your point is Dave, I know this can be done structurally speaking, I'm not sure whether the Brizzy planning authorities work to the same rules as UK Councils and by the looks of it, that road looks very much like a public road so the planners are likely to be the ones that would give permission for a flying freehold over their own land (and give outline/likelihood of permission of this at an early stage).
The land next to ours is privately leased, there may be covenants on it about sub letting o other permissions of use, changes to these may be time consuming, United Utilies may have their own plans for it and don't have to give any indication beforehand of what their decisions may or may not be.

We could have banged in an application to do this, applied for a compulsory purchase order that United Utilities contest and we would still be at the planning stage now, rather than looking at building work racing along.
The point I'm making is that the UU road is not exactly as busy as a three lane highway. Yes it's a private road, but it's Peel who are leasing all the land there so they surley have clout to make things happen.

That's even worse nbewes then.

But there's drawings of the concourse at that end of the ground that shows trees behind that north stand. Those drawings suggest far more available space than what you're saying in terms of handing back borrowed land to UU.

?‍♂️

I'll see if I can find the plans again Dave. The last one I seen was the boundary line right up against the stand.

Edit : Yes I've just checked Dave (and they are the new plans as that new step section on the West Stand is on them) and the boundary line is right up against the North stand.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221220-183516_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221220-183516_Drive.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited: