Should Ellis Simms be recalled if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cringe-ew.gif

You'll never beat Tommy's gif game

Simms is doing fine where he is, he’s improving small aspects of his play every season and another five months at Sunderland will be good for him. At all his recent clubs, Blackpool, Hearts and now Sunderland they quickly learned to play to his strengths and it‘s paid off , for us if he comes back in January he’s going to have to fit in to Frank‘s style quickly. He’s not ready to do that yet . Let him learn more on loan and come back for a full preseason prep with us and we’ll take it from there.

Yes if we can't get anyone else bit strange we loaned him out anyway he's closer to Dom size wise than anyone else we have. Maybe the manager doesn't rate him or thought he needed more first team games, so if we can get better leave him on loan if not its an option.

….it’s clear to me that Simms shouldn’t have gone on loan. We started the season without a striker, DCL was injured, Rondon wasn’t deemed good enough, Gordon and others were unsuccessfully tried. It was folly not having access to a conventional central striker in the DCL mould.

Maupay was then brought in, he clearly isn’t what was needed. Simms could not have been any worst than any other back-up option we have this season.

The question is, should he be recalled? I say no. I say no because we now need to do what we failed to do in the summer, bring an effective striker in. Simms shouldn’t have gone out on loan but we need better than him now.

Simms is doing fine where he is, he’s improving small aspects of his play every season and another five months at Sunderland will be good for him. At all his recent clubs, Blackpool, Hearts and now Sunderland they quickly learned to play to his strengths and it‘s paid off , for us if he comes back in January he’s going to have to fit in to Frank‘s style quickly. He’s not ready to do that yet . Let him learn more on loan and come back for a full preseason prep with us and we’ll take it from there.
Hes way better than Maupey, Franks talking up Tom Cannon, its a joke.
I want us to buy,loan in two really decent ,experienced goal getters, strikers.All round good forwards at Premier League standard.
"That Everton should have, should always have.Not the up top [Poor language removed] show we had so far this season, we are a disgrace up front Frank.Franks making.

So , where is Ritchy now,Golden Boot.???
Simms comes in starts scoring, who's the genius???Hes not the answer , of course not.
But hell do for me with Dia.Any top class forward if we need two up top, AG ,D G.
Instead of recalling Simms, maybe we should just buy who ever is setting up the goals?

Hes way better than Maupey, Franks talking up Tom Cannon, its a joke.
I want us to buy,loan in two really decent ,experienced goal getters, strikers.All round good forwards at Premier League standard.
"That Everton should have, should always have.Not the up top [Poor language removed] show we had so far this season, we are a disgrace up front Frank.Franks making.
He’s not better than Maupay, he’s still very raw round the edges, he’s scored 5 goals all season, and just 2 since August

We dont know do we, what we do know is Maupey aint good enough, joke in the air, or physically.
I will give it to him, hes scored great goals, spectacutar finishes.

So Simms a no brainer to give a go, physical presence.We gotta find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.