What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From memory either the 4-0 defeat to Wimbledon back in the 90’s or the day Marco Silva got the job.
Wasn’t that only a couple of weeks after we’d played shearers Newcastle of the park and beat them 2-0, then went to old Trafford and got a draw? The two title favourites and we more than held our own. Then we fell apart as usual.

Too many to list. Most come under the heading 'falling at the final hurdle.

The Pickford brain fart in the 98th minute of the derby. I think this was the worst just because of the sheer stupidity.

Them getting us banned from Europe the year we had probably the best team on the continent. Bitter? You bet.

That lot winning the Champions League in the year we finished 4th. I just knew at that point they'd find a way to keep them and not us in next year's competition.

The day Sams little and large were appointed.

The day we threw away another 4th place by losing to Palace.

The time we were one up in the FA cup semi against the RS and looking like the better side but sat back to protect the lead and ended up losing.

The time we scored one of the fastest cup final goals ever and again sat back and lost.

Norman Whiteside stopping us from winning the treble in 85. Feel like crying just remembering that was even a possibility, let alone a likelihood, once upon a time.

The first time Everton broke my heart: Frank's old fella knocking us out of the 1980 FA cup in a semi-final replay we should have won.

I was in the cubs camping in the Lake District and heard West Brom had beat us in the cup final (1968). The rotation of the earth seemed a little wobblier to a young blue after that.

Last season was up there, the Burnley game when we threw it away.

But the Derby in the cup a few years ago when we got beat ( and well beaten let's be honest ) against the Liverpool youth. That was a disgrace that one

We could have been five up by half time that game. Then they curled in a worldie in the second half. They like to crow about it but in reality they just got lucky. It was only poor finishing that stopped us caning them all over their own gaffe in the first half. It was a classic Everton that game but every time it’s mentioned the Liverpool line up gets younger and play better.

If any of you experienced the 86 season. When we were by far the better team in the league and blew it then by far the better team in the Cup final and blew it. Let me tell you it didn't get much lower than that. Particularly who won the double when it should have been us. That journey home from Wembley. MY GOD!!!

We could have been five up by half time that game. Then they curled in a worldie in the second half. They like to crow about it but in reality they just got lucky. It was only poor finishing that stopped us caning them all over their own gaffe in the first half. It was a classic Everton that game but every time it’s mentioned the Liverpool line up gets younger and play better.
Couldn't disagree more, first half we should have taken the lead, but that second half was without doubt the most cowardly and pathetic performance I have ever seen from any Everton team in my lifetime.

They had kids coming on playing their first games and kids who in some cases might not even be signed to a professional football club at the moment and they ended up winning the game easily.

Horrid day

Mate our first team got beat by their 4th string and we didn’t look like equalising after they took the lead. It’s the single most embarrassing day as an Everton fan I’ve ever had, after Benitez’s appointment.

Couldn't disagree more, first half we should have taken the lead, but that second half was without doubt the most cowardly and pathetic performance I have ever seen from any Everton team in my lifetime.

They had kids coming on playing their first games and kids who in some cases might not even be signed to a professional football club at the moment and they ended up winning the game easily.

Horrid day

It ended badly and we lost our heads after they scored but we could have legitimately beaten them 5-0 in the first half. Richarlison in particular just hit everything at their keeper. It was a bad day but far from the worst. Even most of the kopites knew they’d lucked out after that first half.

My first Everton game was the 6-2 away game at Villa park in 88 or 89. Not really got much better over the last 30 odd years truth be told but the walker years were pretty grim

I think it was during last season, we were on that terrible run, just before Benitez was sacked and the thing I was finding hardest was that on top of the poor performances and poor results, the fan base was split and the social media was just toxic and I deleted every Everton account, current player and former player off my socials because I couldn’t take looking at it. I considered not following football at all at one point because it was damaging my mental health.

Last season certainly did feel like we had finally reached that point of 'No Return' From the hiring of Benitez, to performances on the pitch. The general lack of confidence or spark from the players that they even believed anything could change. the fact we were pining our hopes on a young kid ( playing his first season ) motivation that he could and wanted to save us. It really did feel like the club was crumbling around us.

I truly never want to experience anything like that ever again.... This is Everton though ? )

Status
Not open for further replies.