New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think it's crystal clear Moshiri is stumping up the money for the stadium.

Why would he take loans out at the current interest rates when he can pump it in himself , after all he owns the club.
When he eventually sells he gets the lot , not the banks or finance companies.

He is looking for investment , much the same as FSG are for the RS.
The price is fixed with LOR there's no reason at all he should divulge to the press how he is financing the build.

Money is his business , its his life.
I think it’s worrying he can’t be honest with us. Not the press, not the TV, us.

and why would he take out loans? Because he wouldn’t want to risk his own money when he could risk someone else’s

I think it’s worrying he can’t be honest with us. Not the press, not the TV, us.

and why would he take out loans? Because he wouldn’t want to risk his own money when he could risk someone else’s
Why would you borrow £500 to pay for something and then pay back £750 if you have far more than the £500 and can just pay for it anyway?

I’m not qualified to comment tbh but I suspect financing an asset like a building / monument on the banks of the royal blue Mersey is worth a lot more than investing in a striker.
I reckon an astute accountant like moshiri. for example. has all his ducks in a row
Maybe he he has two pots of money at least ??‍♂️

Why would you borrow £500 to pay for something and then pay back £750 if you have far more than the £500 and can just pay for it anyway?
Because if you spend your $500, you then don't have 200 to invest here, or 150 to invest there.

It's how rich people work mate, they invest other peoples money. As long as the returns are greater than the repayments, it's the best way to do it.

I’m not qualified to comment tbh but I suspect financing an asset like a building / monument on the banks of the royal blue Mersey is worth a lot more than investing in a striker.
I reckon an astute accountant like moshiri. for example. has all his ducks in a row
Maybe he he has two pots of money at least ??‍♂️
I think we all know by now that Moshiri isn't that astute.

I think the safety net here is that the revenues that can be generated from the new stadium versus the revenues that can be generated at Goodison mean that we can't afford not to complete the stadium.

The feller is like a dog with a bone. He's done articles on Usmanov and Moshiri previously. Think he feels there's something there so he's stabbing in the dark
Im not a Guardian reader at all, I did read this one and genuine question, as there seem to be a few "hit Pieces" in circulation currently, whats the agenda behind the character assassination on Moshiri or is it all aimed at undermining Everton?

We all know Mosh is an idiot, if the last 6/7 years have shown us anything, its that but this all seems more "personal"

I really only care about Everton but it seems there is an overall agenda?

UTFT

The feller is like a dog with a bone. He's done articles on Usmanov and Moshiri previously. Think he feels there's something there so he's stabbing in the dark
It's ludicrous. He 'reveals' that Everton have funding sources via, he implies, a dodgy organisation: RMLF...one that he then admits other PL clubs use. And then he implies that the method of funding so far for the stadium is problematic / border-line sinister...because the owner is investing and not JP Morgan or the Japanese Bank!! Laughable.

The premise for the piece is that we could have a stadium being built and it'll be left half built.

We have an owner who has billions, and a lot of interest from buyers who Moshiri would have to turn to if he wanted to share the cost of the stadium or sell outright to.

It's the Guardian...and the Guardian - if anyone didn't know - is a newspaper right at the forefront of the Ukraine War doing the bidding of those looking to unseat oligarchs and make sanctions stick. Practically the whole of its news coverage since last March has been exclusively on reports and investigations harrying the Russians and anyone connected to that regime.

It's not about football this, it's part of a generalised attack on Russian cash swilling about the UK.

It's ludicrous. He 'reveals' that Everton have funding sources via, he implies, a dodgy organisation: RMLF...one that he then admits other PL clubs use. And then he implies that the method of funding so far for the stadium is problematic / border-line sinister...because the owner is investing and not JP Morgan or the Japanese Bank!! Laughable.

The premise for the piece is that we could have a stadium being built and it'll be left half built.

We have an owner who has billions, and a lot of interest from buyers who Moshiri would have to turn to if he wanted to share the cost of the stadium or sell outright to.

It's the Guardian...and the Guardian - if anyone didn't know - is a newspaper right at the forefront of the Ukraine War doing the bidding of those looking to unseat oligarchs and make sanctions stick. Practically the whole of its news coverage since last March has been exclusively on reports and investigations harrying the Russians and anyone connected to that regime.

It's not about football this, it's part of a generalised attack on Russian cash swilling about the UK.

Oh absolutely. He's trying to find if theres still a connection with Usmanov and Moshiri.

His previous articles are Usmanov's assets being seized, Usmanov and Moshiri's properties in London. The auditor's pulling out from the audit (not happened yet)...and now this.

Clear agenda until proved otherwise. Fair play to him as he's trying to find the exclusive scoop