2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue with the CBs is pace (or lack of) but then we can't play too deep and just look to soak pressure like we did at the start of the season and end of last because we have no quality up top.

I keep seeing people say we need to go back to how we played in April etc but the key difference is we had Richarlison. It wasn't exactly great then but we managed to eek out some results because we had genuine quality in the final third.
How we played in April was sustainable (or working really) either even with Richarlison

I really can’t get on board with the Lampard worshippers who see it as:

Terribly run
Ok/Good manager
Terrible players

All 3 are terrible!!
For me, the club is terribly run. Owner and entire board needs to sell/be sacked.

Manager, has shown glimpses of what I feel he wanted us to play like, but has been unable to get that happening consistently and we seem to not have a plan and recent results in particular have been awful and he is a big factor in that.

Players aren't terrible. Well, our first 11 isn't (in general). We actually have several very good players. But our forward line is incredibly poor (Which has impacted on the manager and playing how i feel he wants to). And the squad outside 9/10 of the first team is shocking.

Not saying he should be sacked or not, but as a general observation we never seem to get a new manager bounce like other teams do. Win the odd game but not a rum across 5 or 6

An honest appraisal after the game but leaves little belief that he has a clue how to turn it around. He sounds like the Southampton manager shortly before he was dismissed. He will get a huge payoff if
and when he goes.

For me, the club is terribly run. Owner and entire board needs to sell/be sacked.
Manager, has shown glimpses of what I feel he wanted us to play like, but has been unable to get that happening consistently and we seem to not have a plan and recent results in particular have been awful and he is a big factor in that.
Players aren't terrible. Well, our first 11 isn't (in general). We actually have several very good players. But our forward line is incredibly poor. And the squad outside 9/10 of the first team is shocking.
This has been said for years

Nowt will change until relegated

Part of me says bring it on. Only way to effect change

Sad I know

Not toxic at the end of the game at all then.

He just got destroyed in the last 2 games by a younger managerand someone with less experience who hasn't even had a transfer window.

We have the record of facing the most shots per game in the league and the 3rd worst for creating chances.

We are number 1 for playing longball.

His points per game record is worse this season compared to last season after having a transfer window.
OK, so you want him sacked. Thats your opinion and I can see your reasonable for wanting it.

Who do you want to replace him?? And what does he do to address the problems in the squad??

FL post match interview doesn't suggest he's NEA, does it. Squarely put in on the players, and himself... but mostly the player's.
Turd n polish I'm afraid.
Don't care which manager could come in, they'll still be polishing what we have.

He must be now thinking himself he can't do anything with this lot. Would've hoped he'd played cannon and mills from the start, just to make a point to the rest of the team. Pretty much had nothing to lose did we
Frank in Throwing Players Under The Bus Shocker

Yes, but you have to base them on something?

Again, why should it be wrong to replace him with a manager with more competence?
I base my opinions on what I've seen, let's not pretend the football hasn't been dreadful at Everton for years this isn't a new thing. I believe there are signs that he can get this right given time.

Everyone's pretending like these issues are of Frank's making, they aren't th3y predate him.

Who is the competent manager? And what does he change? And why all of sudden does thus club get it right when they couldn't the previous 6 times.

An honest appraisal after the game but leaves little belief that he has a clue how to turn it around. He sounds like the Southampton manager shortly before he was dismissed. He will get a huge payoff if
and when he goes.
Nah he won't, well it's huge to us, but not in terms of football (or compared to how much we have paid off others). I fully expect there to be a clause (as there was in the summer) and its really only a year and a half left.

Not saying he should be sacked or not, but as a general observation we never seem to get a new manager bounce like other teams do. Win the odd game but not a rum across 5 or 6

Players havent got it in them. Win just one game and they all go on like they are superstars. My biggest gripe is the attitude. Its like we've won 1 game. Lets do all the back slapping social media stuff. We've won our quota for the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.