2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that was obvious before the season started, plenty of people called it. You’ve overestimated some of these players.

There are no goal scorers or players with a history of consistently scoring goals every season in the squad. Just look at their career histories, we’d be lucky if there’s anywhere near 40 goals in that team. There’s nothing surprising about what’s happening here, exactly what I expected and feared before the season kicked off.

I’d be more surprised if the likes of Gray, Gordon, McNeil, Iwobi suddenly turned in a season with 20 - 25 goals between them. We might get 15 between them if we’re lucky based on their previous.

We’re solid because this team has nothing else to offer - not Frank. It’s a season of kitap1. Goals are going to be very hard to come by and we’re going to have to stay in games and grind out some wins. If you think anything else is possible, you’re in for disappointment. Accept where we are, accept these attacking players aren’t very good, aren’t goal scorers, this is their level and we’ll replace them in the summer. Until then, get used to struggling.
But people also underestimate these players, yes they are all inconsistent, but a good manager gets performances, weekly.

We have seen most have excellent games.

But that was obvious before the season started, plenty of people called it. You’ve overestimated some of these players.

There are no goal scorers or players with a history of consistently scoring goals every season in the squad. Just look at their career histories, we’d be lucky if there’s anywhere near 40 goals in that team. There’s nothing surprising about what’s happening here, exactly what I expected and feared before the season kicked off.

I’d be more surprised if the likes of Gray, Gordon, McNeil, Iwobi suddenly turned in a season with 20 - 25 goals between them. We might get 15 between them if we’re lucky based on their previous.

We’re solid because this team has nothing else to offer - not Frank. It’s a season of kitap1. Goals are going to be very hard to come by and we’re going to have to stay in games and grind out some wins. If you think anything else is possible, you’re in for disappointment. Accept where we are, accept these attacking players aren’t very good, aren’t goal scorers, this is their level and we’ll replace them in the summer. Until then, get used to struggling.
I can look at a league table though and see Brighton with more goals than Chelsea. Tactics matter. Again I'm not saying we're going to be scoring three a game but the pace is currently to not hit 30 and that's unacceptable.

But people also underestimate these players, yes they are all inconsistent, but a good manager gets performances, weekly.

We have seen most have excellent games.
To be fair, I remember watching the worlds most decorated manger stand on the touch line, scratching his head because we couldn’t break an Sheff Utd down. And our team then had more quality in the attacking third.

I’ve finally come to the conclusion that Everton aren’t real and this is the Matrix

NEA

See how the result goes at the weekend.

But there is a large international break that would allow the sacking of a manager and consideration, appointment as well as time for the new man to begin working.

Just saying.

Frank has won 12 in 37, that is 32.4%

Lose or draw on Saturday that becomes 31.5%

Dyche is a decent manager (certainly better than Frankel)

Got Burnley promoted to the PL which Lampard failed with a better Derby team

Took Burnley into Europe.

You'll be waiting a long time to see Mr 16th place have us dusting off our passports.

You'll be waiting a long time to see Mr 16th place have us dusting off our passports.

Doesn't matter who the manager is, with this squad and this club setup, the nearest any one is taking us to Europe is a pre-season friendly against Guernsey.

To be fair, I remember watching the worlds most decorated manger stand on the touch line, scratching his head because we couldn’t break an Sheff Utd down. And our team then had more quality in the attacking third.

I’ve finally come to the conclusion that Everton aren’t real and this is the Matrix

NEA
Little harder when you don't have Ronaldo or Kaka I suppose

He also relegated Burnley. There's absolutely no chance we'd stand by any manager and allow him to build long term and absorb bumps in the road.

Doesn't matter who the manager is, with this squad and this club setup, the nearest any one is taking us to Europe is a pre-season friendly against Guernsey.
Don't you know we've decided to skip the Europe platform for the display of our skills and instead have gone to capture the Australian Cup.

He also relegated Burnley. There's absolutely no chance we'd stand by any manager and allow him to build long term and absorb bumps in the road.

Burnley were always punching above their weight in this league - them staying in the division with next to no investment is an achievement in itself.

Lest we forget Wenger, Klopp and Benitez all have relegations on their CV's yet are three of the greatest managers of all time.

Although I agree he wouldn't last 5 minutes here - a portion of our bozo fans would be on his back from day one due to his style of play (whilst they currently cheer on Lampard's Alladyceball).

Status
Not open for further replies.