2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was never going to be quick fix. We've got lot of new players + it takes time to settle.

Defensively we've looked better (every corner/free kick doesn't feel like we're going to concede), but there's obvious issues (shots for/against).

Most serious issue imo is inability to get any control of games when we're being over-run.

Rodgers/ETH have both destroyed FL tactically in recent weeks + he hasn't been able to effect the game at all.

That's worrying.

For me, sorry guys, Lampard nice guy, got the fans together etc, but good football manager ? Nope, no credentials as a manager, excellent player, but so was gerrard.

So what’s the option then

Play no wingers, 5 central midfielders?
Yes if necessary. The midfield controls the game. That's always been the case since the cavemen started kicking a bit of rock around. Our midfield was so disjointed, theirs worked as a unit. I'm seething here cause we can't even get the basics right.

So we can’t score and you’d want us to play 5 central midfielders to rectify that??
So what's your answer to play 5 up front. To fire a gun you need really good ammunition and that's were a good midfield comes from. If you win the battle in midfield that's when you create chances and win the game. Every successful team since I've been watching and playing the game for nearly 60 years has bossed the midfield.

Yeah, I wish he had hung on, such a shame but the fans wanted him to sell thinking he was the problem.
Kenwright was the problem, and between both himself and Moshiri we have two problems now! I wish he sold the club to the right person, not someone who was a big enough idiot to keep him involved with the club.

This club has had a lot of crap managers over the years (i still have faith that Frank will be a good manager for us), but what about the people who keep hiring crap manager after crap manager?

As the saying goes, a fish rots from it's head down. At Everton the fishes head has been rotting for well over thirty years now!

Last edited:

So we can’t score and you’d want us to play 5 central midfielders to rectify that??
I would like to see us sure up the midfield and have 4 midfielders (no wingers) but 2 up front. Bit hard now with DCL out. Our wingers are offering nothing so 442 or 4311 or revert to 3 at the back again. This system with 2 ineffective wingers is not working at all

Status
Not open for further replies.