2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alladyce ball? Omg you are plumbing new depths.

We've played Allardyce Ball in every away game this season (and home games against Utd and Chelsea).

You could sign Lukaku for £80 millions in January but if your set up / tactics are negative (added to a general lack of creativity in the side) you're not going to fare that much better than with the likes of Gordon & Maupay in the side.

For me if the manager let off the shackles I think we'll have fared better on the road this season imo.

Lampard is being judged on mistakes at Everton over the last 7 years.

Since he’s come in he’s been given:

Dele, DvB (loan), Coady (loan), Vinagre (loan), Tarkowski (free) Gueye (3 mill) Onana (30 mill) Maupay (15 mill) McNeill (20
Mill) Garner (9 mill)

He’s had to sell/release Richarlison, Allan, Tosun, Gomes, Siggurdson, Gbamin, Kenny, Dele to balance the books

I know we have spent some money in the past (although nowhere near the amount people like to cry over). Lampard has not spent this though, he does not have a defence with 30 mill players in three positions, or a super expensive midfield with CL players in it, or an array of number 10s including our 40 mill record signing and James Rodriguez, or a forward line with Brazil’s number 9 being supported with multiple players on 100k a week in Bernard Tosun Walcott

These are the failures of previous regimes and previous managers

Lampard’s first choice line up:

Pickford (30 mill)

Patterson (12) Coady (loan) Tarks (free) Myko (17)

Gueye (3) Onana (30) Iwobi (35)

Gordon (academy) DCL (3) Gray (1.5)

There’s teams in the bottom half of the prem who will have line ups with a higher value than that Nottingham Forest probably being one. It pales against sides like Leicester Villa Newcastle etc.

Yet there’s an expectation that Frank should somehow have this lot doing miles better than he currently is just because we’re Everton or something?

What is this expectation found in? We torpedoed ourselves financially under Koeman Silva and Ancelotti and left Benitez with one of the worst 11s in the league that then incurred multiple injuries. Lampard came in and saw us to survival but there was no getting away from the fact that a team containing Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny Davies was one of the worst in the league.

Now we expect him to have turned around 7 seasons of complete disarray from that low position in one transfer window where we sold his best attacker and we just about broke even on net spend?

Some of you are living in complete and utter delusion.

Lampard is being judged on mistakes at Everton over the last 7 years.

Since he’s come in he’s been given:

Dele, DvB (loan), Coady (loan), Vinagre (loan), Tarkowski (free) Gueye (3 mill) Onana (30 mill) Maupay (15 mill) McNeill (20
Mill) Garner (9 mill)

He’s had to sell/release Richarlison, Allan, Tosun, Gomes, Siggurdson, Gbamin, Kenny, Dele to balance the books

I know we have spent some money in the past (although nowhere near the amount people like to cry over). Lampard has not spent this though, he does not have a defence with 30 mill players in three positions, or a super expensive midfield with CL players in it, or an array of number 10s including our 40 mill record signing and James Rodriguez, or a forward line with Brazil’s number 9 being supported with multiple players on 100k a week in Bernard Tosun Walcott

These are the failures of previous regimes and previous managers

Lampard’s first choice line up:

Pickford (30 mill)

Patterson (12) Coady (loan) Tarks (free) Myko (17)

Gueye (3) Onana (30) Iwobi (35)

Gordon (academy) Dominic Calvert-Lewin (3) Gray (1.5)

There’s teams in the bottom half of the prem who will have line ups with a higher value than that Nottingham Forest probably being one. It pales against sides like Leicester Villa Newcastle etc.

Yet there’s an expectation that Frank should somehow have this lot doing miles better than he currently is just because we’re Everton or something?

What is this expectation found in? We torpedoed ourselves financially under Koeman Silva and Ancelotti and left Benitez with one of the worst 11s in the league that then incurred multiple injuries. Lampard came in and saw us to survival but there was no getting away from the fact that a team containing Coleman Keane Holgate Kenny Davies was one of the worst in the league.

Now we expect him to have turned around 7 seasons of complete disarray from that low position in one transfer window where we sold his best attacker and we just about broke even on net spend?

Some of you are living in complete and utter delusion.
Fulham

Leno 3mil
Reid 8mil (Winger playing right back)
Ream 1.5mil (yard dog)
Diop 16mil
Robinson 2mil
Reed 6mil (average)
Paulinha 18mil
Willian Free
Parrera 8.5mil
Kabano 4mil
Mitro 22mil

Gave us a chasing second half.

The club wont spend big on forward players with our financial situation if they believe Lampard is going to persist with Alladyce ball for every away game.

They'll likely accept that and the hopes of PL survival until BMD is built.

Shouldn’t you be sat in a cave, in the the middle of nowhere, transcending to a higher plane ?

Fulham

Leno 3mil
Ream 1.5mil (yard dog)
Diop 16mil
Robinson 2mil
Reed 6mil (average)
Paulinha 18mil
Willian Free
Parrera 8.5mil
Kabano 4mil
Mitro 22mil

Well you’ve just compared us to a team that’s just been promoted, one of the lowest spenders in the PL and we drew with them on their own patch as it was two pretty average teams. That just proves my point. We are at Fulham’s level in terms of value of investment actually taking the pitch.

Yet people expect this team to somehow turn over PL teams away from home? Based on what?

Fulham

Leno 3mil
Ream 1.5mil (yard dog)
Diop 16mil
Robinson 2mil
Reed 6mil (average)
Paulinha 18mil
Willian Free
Parrera 8.5mil
Kabano 4mil
Mitro 22mil

And they just beat Villa 3 nil at home. They had only lost once at home and that was due to a red card inside 10 minutes to a side in the top 4.

I'm not happy with a point but it's not a disaster either. In fact it's just about ok. Our away form means we shouldn't expect to just turn up anywhere on the road and win.

And they just beat Villa 3 nil at home. They had only lost once at home and that was due to a red card inside 10 minutes to a side in the top 4.

I'm not happy with a point but it's not a disaster either. In fact it's just about ok. Our away form means we shouldn't expect to just turn up anywhere on the road and win.

I'm content with the draw but for me the issue is more he seems happy to set up for a point every away game.

Thats fine if you are winning your home games but so far we've only won 2 home games this season. If you're utilising Alladyce Ball away from home you simply then have to win the bulk of your home games.

Well you’ve just compared us to a team that’s just been promoted, one of the lowest spenders in the PL and we drew with them on their own patch as it was two pretty average teams. That just proves my point. We are at Fulham’s level in terms of value of investment actually taking the pitch.

Yet people expect this team to somehow turn over PL teams away from home? Based on what?
Yep newly promoted team who we have spent considerably more than gave us a chasing. You used transfer figures to absolve Lampard of responsibility for an underperforming team, I just countered with transfer figures. He's on course for 40 points. Results wise he's probably getting the minimum required right now. Performance wise I'd say we're below average.

I'm just a little tired of the rhetoric. Sorry if I have no patience - we have 0 trophies to show for the last 27 years of patience and promises. I will likely be laid into the ground with the continual promise that we are still rebuilding with brighter days ahead.

I know these are first world problems, but I'm entirely entitled to my opinion that Lampard is a below average manager who will not amount to anything. His win rate and away record doesn't fill me with any confidence that we will see the transformation we need under him.

Happy to give him more time though to prove me wrong. But fact is we are still a couple of points off a relegation fight, and there is pressure on. The table doesn't lie, and it's right that we ask these questions.
I tend to agree with you, in general, but I am slightly more satisfied with progress to date.

I agree that this constant call for "patience" is nonsense - especially as some of us have been patient since Howard Kendall walked out the door to Bilbao in 1987. Even Colin Harvey's supporters at the time - when he was clearly not up to the manager's job - were telling us we were in "transition". Yes, we were. From a truly great manager to a truly great coach who was not a great manager. And, truth be told, we have been in transition every single season since. Even with Moyes, we were attempting the tricky transition from best of the rest to CL qualifiers...and it never quite, through no real fault of the manager, happened. The ownership, fundamentally, didn't have the means at that time.

I tend to agree with you, too, on your judgement of Lampard. If he wasn't our manager, would I really want him to be based on his performance as a manager (with us and others) to date? I don't think so. But, like you, I am content for him to be given the time he needs to prove me wrong. It's just that I don't think there will be crock of gold at the end of Frank's rainbow...

Where I differ from you slightly is that I see enough progression - slow as it is at times - from last season to feel like the manager is improving what was an abysmal rabble last season. We are competitive in every game. We have some proper defenders now - and a proper goalkeeper will always create a synergy with proper defenders, which is a further bonus that we are now seeing. We are no worse than at least half the league. Even if we are, simultaneously, no better, our chances of staying clear of a relegation battle this season look immeasurably better than they were last Spring. So, I think the manager is adequate - for now. And he'll get time from me until the day he proves he is definitively not up to it. He is still not out of the woods either before the World Cup. He needs a win from the next two - probably four points really - before he can breathe easy. Four points from the last two was decent. Four more from the next two is not too much to hope for. Get those and he has his chance to re-assess over the World Cup break, and then we are into a critical transfer window where we simply must buy a forward with goals.

I agree, not a disaster and I'm fully behind Frank btw I think he's a great fit for Everton, really speaks well and gets the club. Needs to have a bit more intent and courage away from home imo.

Fulham

Leno 3mil
Ream 1.5mil (yard dog)
Diop 16mil
Robinson 2mil
Reed 6mil (average)
Paulinha 18mil
Willian Free
Parrera 8.5mil
Kabano 4mil
Mitro 22mil

Teams do better at home than away mostly ! I expect it to be different at goodison !

Status
Not open for further replies.