2022/23 Idrissa Gana Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Willian wanted a pen he should have taken a better acting class. The classic tiptoe before the fall is always a dead giveaway when you are searching for one. If Gana hadn’t gotten a toe on the ball then maybe there is an argument.

As for Gana, I think he has played well but is ultimately still readjusting to the league. He is playing like he is still in France on the ball and that is just asking for trouble. You don’t have that time here.

Thought he was left to do an awful lot on his own in the first half, Onana was anonymous compared to him. He was a bit mixed, won ball well a few times but also looked like he might lose it in dangerous positions. Was in the thick of it at least, the same can’t be said for Onana who I thought has his poorest game.

Thought he was left to do an awful lot on his own in the first half, Onana was anonymous compared to him. He was a bit mixed, won ball well a few times but also looked like he might lose it in dangerous positions. Was in the thick of it at least, the same can’t be said for Onana who I thought has his poorest game.
Yeah I think it’s fair enough that in games where we’re defensive Gana with 10 years more experience than Onana is clearly the better of the two but when we’re on the ball trying to go forward Onana and his exciting style of play is going to have his best game.

I’d have taken off Onana rather than Gana today, especially as he’d just been booked and had Garner trying to get on the ball and pick passes rather than Garner coming on and having to defend more than get on the ball.

Yeah I think it’s fair enough that in games where we’re defensive Gana with 10 years more experience than Onana is clearly the better of the two but when we’re on the ball trying to go forward Onana and his exciting style of play is going to have his best game.

I’d have taken off Onana rather than Gana today, especially as he’d just been booked and had Garner trying to get on the ball and pick passes rather than Garner coming on and having to defend more than get on the ball.
I think height comes into play when making these second half substitutions. We were conceding a lot of corners. DCL and Onana probably kept on for these

He needs to pass the ball far quicker. He slows down far too many decent attacks, and creates far too many counter attack opportunities.
He passes when a pass is on. The reason he sometimes (not often) gets caught in possession is 1. a rubbish pass received. 2. Everyone hiding.
We seen Fulham get in total control when he went off. He is a must play player as he is that important to us

He passes when a pass is on. The reason he sometimes (not often) gets caught in possession is 1. a rubbish pass received. 2. Everyone hiding.
We seen Fulham get in total control when he went off. He is a must play player as he is that important to us
Totally agree we were very lucky when he went off. I felt onana was the sub yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.