2022/23 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats don't matter for defenders. Said it for a long time. You can be a good defender without a ton of activity and the stats guys haven't figured out how to show that yet.

As I said unless you're prepared to argue Tarkowski is good and Coady is bad you can't really do this can you?
I'd say this is one of your top "wtf" posts, but honestly it doesn't even scratch the surface anymore.

He won't go, donkeys like Ming's Maguire and dier will go before him. Only dier has had a decent season from them 3.

Gareth southgate is one massive tool so wouldn't trust him to make the right decision at all.

He probably won't even take tomori who's arguably the best cb for England

Big Iggy really just said:

753885.gif

He won't go, donkeys like Ming's Maguire and dier will go before him. Only dier has had a decent season from them 3.

Gareth southgate is one massive tool so wouldn't trust him to make the right decision at all.

He probably won't even take tomori who's arguably the best cb for England
That Tomoris played 2 games against English teams all season and been comfortably the worst player on the pitch both times.

That Tomoris played 2 games against English teams all season and been comfortably the worst player on the pitch both times.
I watched most of the games v Chelsea particularly as I was interested to see how he would get on. As you say, he didn’t have a great time.

The early red didn’t help in their home game and I don’t recall any Milan player looking decent when they played Chelsea away.

1 bad game? He got sent off for something he shouldn't have in one of them.

He's a far better cb than Maguire dier etc who will likely start ahead of him

I think it's a shame we didn't get him earlier in his career.

Hes such an Everton type of player and I think playing under Dyche at Burnley really dumbed him down as a footballer.

As Mee is also showing at Brentford, they're not just good back to the wall defenders but also proper footballers too.

If Southgate had any sense he'd be absolutely taken to Qatar.

What??? You’ve been trying to tell us that Zouma and Keane were a better partnership than Tarkowski and Coady based on stats?!?

I'd cut him a little slack, which is there are certain things stats dont easily capture. The thing is though, I think this works in Tarkowski and probably Coadys favour more, and means they are under estimated, not over estimated.

Theres not many stats for communication, leadership, positioning, the force involved in a tackle, level of snide etc. In different ways our 2 CBs exemplify all of this.

We are conceding about 1 goal a game under these 2, which given where we were last season, is a big improvement. I dont think anybody is saying either are rolls Royce, Virgil Van Dijk type players. But they are exactly what we needed and if we stay up will be a huge reason why.

So no, stats have limitations, and limitations in capturing the influence they have had.

I'd cut him a little slack, which is there are certain things stats dont easily capture. The thing is though, I think this works in Tarkowski and probably Coadys favour more, and means they are under estimated, not over estimated.

Theres not many stats for communication, leadership, positioning, the force involved in a tackle, level of snide etc. In different ways our 2 CBs exemplify all of this.

We are conceding about 1 goal a game under these 2, which given where we were last season, is a big improvement. I dont think anybody is saying either are rolls Royce, Virgil Van Dijk type players. But they are exactly what we needed and if we stay up will be a huge reason why.

So no, stats have limitations, and limitations in capturing the influence they have had.
Mm. I think VVD has looked more like a Trabant this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.