2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s give him a top attacking wife forward in January. One that can cover the flank and play through the middle if needed (essentially a Richarlison replacement). I actually think we’re ok in most other positions (if most people stay fit) so would be good to see a big investment go in to get the player Frank wants for that position.

Let’s give him a top attacking wife forward in January. One that can cover the flank and play through the middle if needed (essentially a Richarlison replacement). I actually think we’re ok in most other positions (if most people stay fit) so would be good to see a big investment go in to get the player Frank wants for that positi
He's spoken for mate.

I think that one of Lampard's strengths that we don't talk about enough is his persuasiveness/ how well he talks about the game. A lot of his signings have mentioned how well he sold his 'project' . I still don't know how we managed to prise coady from wolves, in a deal that only seemed to benefit us. He convinced a group of decentish players and strong characters to join a team that were effectively in freefall, and they have really thrived.

Why would anyone ( bar the Jaffa 8 ) be reluctant to grant him patience ?
Because people have been asked for patience since 1987 and it has lead precisely nowhere. In other words, you are demanding of the starving that they remain starving on the off chance that things will get better in the future. You couldn't blame anybody for feeling that the whole thing was a waste of everybody's time. That's why. 35 years of abject mediocrity and the cry every time a manager struggled was to "keep the faith". Well, for rational people, there is no "faith". It's a results business. Nobody should be personally invested in any manager. The board, fundamentally, is the issue. Patience with any manager is almost beside the point. It's a new board that just might be worth waiting for.

Only if you ignore who the opposition were. Almost as if you didn't watch us last season.

Don't go from veing a game off relegation, to taking wins at the top 4 within 3 months
But I'm not ignoring the opposition.

Man U and Newcastle could or should've been draws. Beat them both in the run to avoid relegation last season.

Speaking of teams at the bottom of the table, Leicester is at the bottom and coming in a couple of week, and they won't be a gimmie.

But I'm not ignoring the opposition.

Man U and Newcastle could or should've been draws. Beat them both in the run to avoid relegation last season.

Speaking of teams at the bottom of the table, Leicester is at the bottom and coming in a couple of week, and they won't be a gimmie.

So why are Leicester "not a gimmie" but beating Crystal Palace isn't anything to celebrate?

Because people have been asked for patience since 1987 and it has lead precisely nowhere. In other words, you are demanding of the starving that they remain starving on the off chance that things will get better in the future. You couldn't blame anybody for feeling that the whole thing was a waste of everybody's time. That's why. 35 years of abject mediocrity and the cry every time a manager struggled was to "keep the faith". Well, for rational people, there is no "faith". It's a results business. Nobody should be personally invested in any manager. The board, fundamentally, is the issue. Patience with any manager is almost beside the point. It's a new board that just might be worth waiting for.
Don't you think we've had enough of the instant fix to the top.
We've done that without getting the foundations right.
Lampard (& Thelwell) have addressed this in a very short space of time , now they MUST be given time to see it through.

We all know about the many years of mediocrity and are sick of it.
The Board ? You won't get any argument from me.

For the 1st time in a Very Very long time we have a structure and long term plan in place but it won't happen overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.