2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen the result this morning, I couldn't really enjoy the result off the back of our 3 losses. 2 plucky draws and no wins, or a surprise win with 2 losses would've made me excited about this win.

But I suppose we've found our level.
And you own team geting beat by Forest, been an absolute toilet of a weekend altogether eh mate?

You suggested he can't cut it at this level.
He is exactly the the man to fill the manager's job here.
You mention are we ambitious enough ? , the ambition has never been in question. You say we should looking at a higher calibre , haven't we tried that ?

You forget what he actually walked into taking this job , it was a car crash and the club at its lowest ebb with with an accumulation of poor players amassed by various previous managers.

Again he is just what this club needs , and I suggest the levels he has had in his career he will strive for here.

Apart from a few Internet fools , he & the work his backroom team are doing is overwhelmingly what we was needed to the vast majority of our fans.

The major surgery is almost done now , and if he is backed ( I'm sure he will be ) he will prove any doubters wrong.
He is undoubtedly the right man.

I agree it was an awful situation that he walked into, but you can't judge the squad at it's lowest - it was pretty much the same squad that did so well the previous season. Benitez has clearly lost the dressing room and the players were on strike - which is utterly reprehensible and they to answer for that patch of form.

As I said, I am NOT in a great hurry to replace Frank, but it remains to be seen how good he really is and if he really can mold us into a squad that is capable of playing consistently at its full potential and where players are nurtured and improve during their time with us.

So far he's been able to rile us into some good weekends (mainly at Goodison) but it is just typical Everton that we think 1 good performance makes up for 2 drossy performances.

It may not even be that: some people are simply pessimists and never happy. When you combine that with wanting instant perfection, it's a toxic mix.

Lampard isn't perfect, and some people can't get beyond that. When you combine everything, he's developing us and for that I am currently more than content.

We've won 3 games from 12 so far this season. Forgive me if I still have my reservations.

I agree it was an awful situation that he walked into, but you can't judge the squad at it's lowest - it was pretty much the same squad that did so well the previous season. Benitez has clearly lost the dressing room and the players were on strike - which is utterly reprehensible and they to answer for that patch of form.

As I said, I am NOT in a great hurry to replace Frank, but it remains to be seen how good he really is and if he really can mold us into a squad that is capable of playing consistently at its full potential and where players are nurtured and improve during their time with us.

So far he's been able to rile us into some good weekends (mainly at Goodison) but it is just typical Everton that we think 1 good performance makes up for 2 drossy performances.
I think you totally missed the severity of the situation we where in.

And only fools believe he should have us firing on all cylinders and zooming up the league.
This is just the start ( 1 window ) of a massive culture change.
Lampard is the man that has instigated this and should be given whatever time & resources to see it through.

Dont be silly, he is the Everton manager and fully deserves our full support like every other manager of Everton historically has recieved.

Well I am pretty much resigned to expect mediocrity this season, but maybe medicority represents progress for us at this stage. It doesn't fill me with any great sense of joy though. I just don't believe how we undid years of progress with that shambolic 2021-22 campaign and lowered expectation down to basically survival = success. We should be much better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.