2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
….never doubted the man, he’s purely decent and a fitting manager for our club. I doubted his tactics and selection last season, but he’s like a different person this time around.

i doubt any of us agree 100% with what he does but I enjoy listening to the reasoning behind his decision making. Indeed, I enjoy listening to him talk football, it seems like he knows where he’s taking us.

Not the way I would have done it - I would have made several changes - but fair play to him for sticking with the first XI, not selling out to shut down Zaha and getting after it with the tactics.

This (and his name, of course) is probably why he is the one drawing the paychecks from the club.

….never doubted the man, he’s purely decent and a fitting manager for our club. I doubted his tactics and selection last season, but he’s like a different person this time around.

i doubt any of us agree 100% with what he does but I enjoy listening to the reasoning behind his decision making. Indeed, I enjoy listening to him talk football, it seems like he knows where he’s taking us.
Before he came to us all you used to hear was about how he couldn't organise a defence to save his life. He's really blown that myth apart this season.

Before he came to us all you used to hear was about how he couldn't organise a defence to save his life. He's really blown that myth apart this season.

….yep, he’s a very bright man & he’ll have quickly identified the problems last season. I’d be surprised if he’s not surrounded himself with good coaches. You should never be ashamed at recognising you’re only as good as the folk who work for you.

Tarkowski/Coady & Onana/Gueye terrific acquisitions to make us tough to beat.

Last edited:

He has turned us from a team i thought would be relegated to a team i dont think will be relegated. Thats perfectly fine for progression in 9 months. We were in total free fall and everyone was pulling in opposite directions.

Today is only 3 points and there will be ups and downs. The manager needs time but the signs are positive.
Grind out results with a few games like today, will be an enjoyable season

….yep, he’s a very bright man & he’ll have quickly identified the problems last season. I’d be surprised if he’s not surrounded himself with good coaches. Your only as good as the folk who work for you.

Tarkowski/Coady & Onana/Gueye terrific acquisitions to make us tough to beat.
Very bright indeed & a very thoughtfully put together back room.

Some where questioning his tactics over the past few weeks wondering if he could set us up better and asking where is the plan.

Well it all unfolded today , give him a fully fit target man as in DCL and here is the plan.
When you are difficult to beat and have an out ball up top you are always in with a shout.
Interestingly I said to me lad earlier even the games we lost we weren't turned over and almost always still in the game.
Having that target man changes games.

Status
Not open for further replies.