2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really encouraging to see then when we lose a couple of games we bounce back relatively quickly. there have been a lot of positives compared to how we were last season that can be attributed to Frank. His first transfer window addressed weaknesses in the side and made us way more solid. The impact he has had on Iwobi has been incredible. you get a sense that we are actually building something for the first time in a long time. It is just going to take a long time i think because of all the mistakes over the last few seasons.

Not the way I would have done it - I would have made several changes - but fair play to him for sticking with the first XI, not selling out to shut down Zaha and getting after it with the tactics.

This (and his name, of course) is probably why he is the one drawing the paychecks from the club.
I feel like Coleman stayed very deep even when we had the ball as a direct response to Zaha. I don't think he was wrong to do it that way either.

It's all about fans staying calm and recognising the limitations of the group.

Indications are we have enough to keep above the relegation zone but not enough to trouble any of the top clubs which is progress given the madness of recent years. Frank and his team can build on that if not hounded at the first loss or two. He just needs a bit of leeway.

….never doubted the man, he’s purely decent and a fitting manager for our club. I doubted his tactics and selection last season, but he’s like a different person this time around.

i doubt any of us agree 100% with what he does but I enjoy listening to the reasoning behind his decision making. Indeed, I enjoy listening to him talk football, it seems like he knows where he’s taking us.
Spot on Eggs.

You‘ve had a lot to say since the Newcastle game.

I note with interest, that you are nowhere to be seen today ?
Haha nah I’ve enjoyed our win today, good points. We needed it, as we would’ve been in a relegation battle after forest had won. Fair play, well done to everyone. I want Everton to do well, that is with what ever manager we got. Imagine if we had lost today ? Next couple of games coming up are important, need to get more points. Let’s see if we can get a few more wins / draws.

….never doubted the man, he’s purely decent and a fitting manager for our club. I doubted his tactics and selection last season, but he’s like a different person this time around.

i doubt any of us agree 100% with what he does but I enjoy listening to the reasoning behind his decision making. Indeed, I enjoy listening to him talk football, it seems like he knows where he’s taking us.
I have been surprised how well he has fitted in, seems genuinely happy to be here and has unified a club that was totally fractured before he arrived.

I feel like Coleman stayed very deep even when we had the ball as a direct response to Zaha. I don't think he was wrong to do it that way either.
If you keep Zaha quiet then Palace will struggle to create - and thats what happened.

Zaha didn't get in behind our defence until about 92 minutes. Garner did a smart foul that time as well.

A good performance and result today but PLEASE let's not carried away. Our form has still been miserable since Carlo departed, and we are nowhere near as good and consistent as I'm sure we all feel we ought to be.

I like FLJ as a person and he has bought himself some time here, but he's still under pressure to show that he can cut it at this level. Must push on and use this as a platform to put more wins and points on the board.

I like FLJ as a person and he has bought himself some time here, but he's still under pressure to show that he can cut it at this level.
Cut it at this level ????

You do know he took Chelsea to the Champions league with a transfer ban don't you.

Yes they sacked him the season after for a poor run , but they sack everyone.

I suggest this club needs to get to his level , then we'll have a good team.

Edit
Chelsea sacked him when they where 5 points off Liverpool in 4th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.