Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Five consecutive absolutely pathetic halves of football in a row. Lampard has to be doing better. Much better.

I'm sorry but this Newcastle side man for man isn't that much better than ours. Is he instructing our players not to shoot at goal or something? Outclassed all over the park once again.

Relegation fight is well and truly on. Again, if you cannot score goals then you're likely getting relegated. We are not even making goalkeepers work at all. In the past three games the opposition might as well have played with an empty net. The results wouldn't have changed. Scandalous.

Frank has to show what he's made of at half time now. If he cannot change this then I've lost a lot of trust in him to turn it around.

We've our strongest XI out there.

Ref’s doing my nut in, laughing after Joelinton ‘second yellow’ being one of many examples of poor refereeing t that half.
Come on Everton, we need to up our game and get into these. Far too many slack passes and Demarai Gray.

Honestly think if we had a Pienaar instead of Gray we'd be so much better.

We have nobody who can knit the final third.

Iwobi isn't the answer either sorry folks. Purple patch aside.

There's no composure in our final third and it's going to dictate a other relegation scrap. Said it in the summer and when the window shut. Was so bloody obvious.

I thought after Southampton we'd sorted the midfield. 3 games since and they've been so poor. The front 3 always get the blame for how bad we are going forward, but they have nothing to play off.

That's the problem, the press is wrong Newcastle have 2 forwards and 3 midfielders pressing and we can't get through, if we do manage to get Gordon away then we could be in business. We have Dominic Calvert-Lewin trying to step into midfield.and Iwobi pressing on his own.
We have gotten through though

We just give it away as we are approaching the final third. Onana's done it at least three times

That’s a penalty all over the pitch except in the box apparently, this is exactly the issue with Gordon though, already has a reputation as a diver, which is well deserved, he’ll never get any fouls like that because there’s too much doubt involved.

As for the rest of the team outside of Coady and Tarkowski literally everyone gets taken off the ball so easily, no surprise with Gray and Gordon, they’re lightweight as all hell, Onana is shocking though, for someone with his frame and stature he goes down far too easily, also never seems to actually break into a sprint, it’s like he’s at 60% constantly for no need.

Not got any solutions like but kin'ell we are a bad watch at the moment. Must be mad going in to matches expecting to win rather than this forever hoping our lads finally turn up stuff. Let's hope the second half is much much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.