Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness if that's Salah it's being looked at by VAR and has a decent shout of being given as a penalty. But Gordon has rightfully earned a reputation as a diving cheat now so he'll never get the benefit of the doubt.

He's clearly leaned for a shove in the back, he's also not put much behind it. Gordon has felt a slight touch and gone down. It's a mix of a player waiting for it, and a defender knowing he's gonna play for it.

Newcastle deserve to be in front, no doubt, but Christ they are incredibly aggressive and more like a Rugby league team, Joelington should be off, yet only a little smirk from the ref... Dom offside was he, no replay and linesman flagged, normally they play on and far decides it, but not tonight for Everton, yet a bit later on the reverse happened for Newcastle, played on then decision made he was off. The rest and linesman seem very intimidated for me tonight.

That referee needs to throw himself in his car and f*** off home at halftime.

One of the most inept refereeing performances I've seen since Saturday.
Problem is now they are suppose to let it go a bit more so that its more physical...but it has become a farce really. Not sure how Gordon is suppose to put the breaks on when he is at full speed and push in the back.

Everyone on that pitch has been a f*****g disaster tonight. Gordon leading the race for the worst of them. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again (many times); we are proper empty heads for not taking Chelsea’s money. Why’s he throwing himself to ground there? Get your foot on the ball and then any contact is defo a penalty.

3pts?? I can’t even see where a shot on target is gonna come from.

What strikes me about this game is how much quicker Newcastle move the ball. It's all one and two touch stuff and mostly forward passes. In contrast, we seem to have players who hold on to the ball for an eternity and when we do finally move the ball it's usually backwards and sideways with the entirety of the opposition now set up between us and the goal. Gray is especially bad for hogging the ball but most of our players are guilty. We just need to move the ball quicker. Newcastle aren't all that good, we're just making them look better than they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.