Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
United just too much for us.
Bit of a hit or realism.
Battled to the end, but was too late.
I would take 11th right now, we need to be patient.
I somewhat agree.

Thought Utd were poor tbh and we made them look good. But in saying that, maybe that's always been the real difference between Everton and Man Utd. By hook or crook they just get it done somehow.

We shouldn't. They had so much possession but still shouldn't have had 4 or 5.....no way.
Felt sorry for Maupay with no service and Gordon was dreadful tonight. Gray a bit better than Gordon. Our midfield cost us that game with sloppiness from 2 usually reliable players in Gana and Iwobi
They battered is in the first half, if they would have had 4 I don’t think anyone could have complained.

IMO the midfield was overwhelmed due to a lack of urgency from our front 3. They passed it around them so easy and transitioned onto our midfield and just passed it around them as well. The sloppiness in possession was horrendous as well

The lack of threat from the 2 wingers hinders us more than people think.

I thought he was off on his positioning on both goals. Didn’t watch a replay on the first both I was wondering what was he doing out there. He was jittery first half in general
I also thought the 1st goal he was too far off his line and too far to his left. Thought just a couple of yards off his line would have been suffice but Pickford made the attackers mind up immediately

Terrible first half effort by Gordon, not much better in the second. Idrissa had an off day, giving the ball away too much. Overall too defensive after scoring, but could have grabbed a point at the end. We were doomed as soon as it was pointed out we only needed a point to go above the rs.

Anyway I gave MoM to Myko because he played okay.

Such a shame cos we started so brightly but that mistake seemed to really hurt the whole team in confidence and intention

Positives for me were Iwobi was everywhere, Garner looked tidy and a different option, Dcl back and Tarkowski solid as

We are still in a rebuild and not as solid as we thought

We literally lost to 2 defensive mistakes tonight, we started decent then sat back too deep and got caught, regardless, we got a better defence than last year where we would have capitulated luke Palace in the cup. That's all I've heard ppl say. No ones claiming were the famous arsenal back 4 reborn

Of course we're in a rebuild this isn't news mate

Still unsure of what this reality check is!

A few saying the team can push for europe.

?????? what idiot said that?

2 very poor mistakes ultimately cost us. We were poor, but up against a team that will be going for the top 4. We cane 16th last season, let's not forget that.

We looked leggy and off the pace but they were wanting to rebound after a beating last week.

This isn't one of the games we needed to win, we need the results against the lower and mid table teams and aim for mid table as progress from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.