Match Thread Everton v Man United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I laughed at this originally but honestly I think people need reminding we are just a few months away from an absolutely awful team and even if new signings seem to be doing well so far, there’s no guarantees that continues.

I personally am not worried, but I won’t blame anybody expecting the worst to happen from this club
I said similar after we got trounced by Watford. People laughed..... they weren't at FT in the Burnley game six months later.

Almost inevitably Everton that after recent games……
On a positive though, Iwobinho early goal of the season contender, and while Garner didn’t do much, what he did I liked the look of. Hope he gets a bit more game time. Wonder if frank will play Iwobi wide (in Gordon’s absence) to make a CM slot available for him…..

In all honesty, we should have 4 or 5 down at half time

That was bad; the front 3 offer absolutely nothing so they just pushed up and overwhelmed our midfield.

Gray Gordon and Maupay/Dominic Calvert-Lewin (when he starts) need to up there game immediately
We shouldn't. They had so much possession but still shouldn't have had 4 or 5.....no way.
Felt sorry for Maupay with no service and Gordon was dreadful tonight. Gray a bit better than Gordon. Our midfield cost us that game with sloppiness from 2 usually reliable players in Gana and Iwobi

I'm not voting for any of them, I thought they were all absolutely terrible. Iwobi scored a smasher but my god I thought he was woeful for rest of it. Probably still better than anyone else but only by default

Status
Not open for further replies.