2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he not have different political views when it has nothing whatsoever to do with how he manages the team and relates to the fans? I've heard him comment on the cost of living for fans and how difficult it is to travel to support the team etc. Doesn't sound very Silver Spooned Tory to me being considerate of the working class. Perhaps there are examples where he has aligned with Tory values but so what!? He's not a fascist putting up camps in his spare time is he?
What business is it of yours who he votes for if/when he does?
Vote for who you want, canvas too, help in an election campaign for a candidate of your choice, one that aligns with your 'principles' if you can, but judge FL on the merits of how he is doing this job, and judge him on his politics if he ever runs for office.
You're really grasping at straws dragging this rubbish up, it says more about you than him

Very good post.

The Everton fanbase and Super Frank have a bond, regardless of what a handful of pathetic salty Benitez 8 worms think.

I'll raise you .......with this RS abomination

View attachment 186055
First of all - there's nothing I've read that suggests to me there's anything political about Frank Lampard apart from meeting Cameron and saying he'd vote for him. He's not ideological, and in his time here as studiously avoided politics and emphasised a lot that he knows Everton are a working class club. John Moores was a different matter: he was dyed in the wool Tory and a former city councillor for them.

The 'Frank the Tory' jibe is as lame as it gets and should get no oxygen on here.

As for Liverpool: the football club created by Tories, their fans are standing in the centre of a huge glass house if they want to throw bricks on this.

Maggie.jpg

From the Thatcher Papers:

A red scarf saves day for Blue leader​

A red scarf saved the day for Mrs. Margaret Thatcher, the Conservative leader, when she made Liverpool F.C's Anfield headquarters her first port of call during a hectic 24-hour visit to Merseyside.

Mrs. Thatcher was wearing a powder blue and white costume when she met team captain Emlyn Hughes, wearing blue slacks, in the trophy room.

Emlyn suggested the leader of the Blues was wearing the wrong colours.

Quick as a flash, Mrs. Thatcher whipped out a bright red neckerchief and put it round her neck. “I've come prepared”.

Status
Not open for further replies.