New Everton Stadium Discussion

That's exactly how I see it too. This topic rolls around every 200 pages or so but it seems people forget it.

We currently have around 30/32k season tickets. Once you factor in away fans that's a ridiculously high proportion of our match going fans. I am not convinced they will allow many more 'basic' ST holders even with the increased capacity.

When we move it won't be possible to move current ST holders to a corresponding area as the configuration is very different. EG, the West Stand (behind the dugout) could swallow up the family enclosure, the existing corporate boxes, the directors' box, the main stand, the media and the top balcony. That's fine as far as capacity goes, but the plans for the West Stand show roughly 50% of that stand is allocated to varying levels of corporate seating.

The club has been quite clear since they started consultation they will be offering more premium options for match going fans and they'll be hoping a proportion of existing ST holders Upgrade, even if it's just to the most basic level of hospitality. Those that chose not to will have to sit in the West stand, but at either the North or South ends. If they want to sit more centrally they'll have to move over to the East, but of course the paddock, lower and upper bullens all have their eyes on that.

I'd imagine the move process starts over a year ahead of moving in. The corporate/premium sales team even further out from the opening day. (they've already been recruited) They may even incentivise first year lounge memberships with a discount to lock people in early.

Once they have a good idea of how many ST holders are staying as a 'basic' ST holder they can start the moves. The block moves won't work, the only way to do it is some sort of priority system.

Selfishly, I'd go:

Shareholders
Season ticket holders (sorted by years held)
New season ticket holders

Can't please everyone and there will be absolutely loads of moaning and mud slinging towards the club. The saving grace is the 'worst' view in the new ground will match good view at Goodison.

View attachment 184946
Is this pic correctly detailed was wondering where the away fans would be?

It was released from the club at the early stages, so unless they're making changes it should be mostly accurate. Away fans are lower tier of North/East corner.

Away fans have to now be on the lowest tier (next to the pitch) in all new stadia.
I like the old school way of having them behind the goal as i think it adds to the atmosphere but i suppose it gives the away team a bit of advantage trying to suck the ball into the net. Then again sod that put them in the most ineffective seats possible.

Seriously though, as someone who would be travelling in, do we see the car parking on the river walk as a viable option without having to wait another hour to clear the fan's out before exiting the area, or would parking away from the ground and walking in be more prudent!
The car park on that island won't be for regular punters. It will be officialls and top tier corporates.

I'm pretty sure loads of pop up car parks will appear East of Regent Road. (Pretty sure Regent Road will be closed 2 hrs before/1 hr after the match)

The car park on that island won't be for regular punters. It will be officialls and top tier corporates.

I'm pretty sure loads of pop up car parks will appear East of Regent Road. (Pretty sure Regent Road will be closed 2 hrs before/1 hr after the match)
It will be. It says so in the stadium transportation documents. Regent Road and more besides (Boundary Street for sure).

That's exactly how I see it too. This topic rolls around every 200 pages or so but it seems people forget it.

We currently have around 30/32k season tickets. Once you factor in away fans that's a ridiculously high proportion of our match going fans. I am not convinced they will allow many more 'basic' ST holders even with the increased capacity.

When we move it won't be possible to move current ST holders to a corresponding area as the configuration is very different. EG, the West Stand (behind the dugout) could swallow up the family enclosure, the existing corporate boxes, the directors' box, the main stand, the media and the top balcony. That's fine as far as capacity goes, but the plans for the West Stand show roughly 50% of that stand is allocated to varying levels of corporate seating.

The club has been quite clear since they started consultation they will be offering more premium options for match going fans and they'll be hoping a proportion of existing ST holders Upgrade, even if it's just to the most basic level of hospitality. Those that chose not to will have to sit in the West stand, but at either the North or South ends. If they want to sit more centrally they'll have to move over to the East, but of course the paddock, lower and upper bullens all have their eyes on that.

I'd imagine the move process starts over a year ahead of moving in. The corporate/premium sales team even further out from the opening day. (they've already been recruited) They may even incentivise first year lounge memberships with a discount to lock people in early.

Once they have a good idea of how many ST holders are staying as a 'basic' ST holder they can start the moves. The block moves won't work, the only way to do it is some sort of priority system.

Selfishly, I'd go:

Shareholders

Can't please everyone and there will be absolutely loads of moaning and mud slinging towards the club. The saving grace is the 'worst' view in the new ground will match good view at Goodison.

View attachment 184946

Great post.

I'm very interested in the various levels of hospitality.

Especially how it will range - I'd be very tempted if the lowest level allows you more comfort and ease of pre, half time and post match access to drinks etc and more comfort (although it should be in GA).

Great post.

I'm very interested in the various levels of hospitality.

Especially how it will range - I'd be very tempted if the lowest level allows you more comfort and ease of pre, half time and post match access to drinks etc and more comfort (although it should be in GA).
That's what I'm interested in. I'd still like a relatively normal match experience, but a decent bar and a variety of places to get a bite to eat with communal seating would be a refreshing change.

They did pitch a really wide range of ideas during the consultation, I'm surprised they haven't firmed up what the offering is, even without definitive pricing we'd start to dream ;)

Selfishly, I'd go:

Shareholders

View attachment 184946
Great post, the only issue I have with season tickets held by years is for example, my dad has been a season ticket holder for 35 years, myself 15 and my brother 10. This was due to having to wait for seats to become available. So obviously we want to be able to sit together at the new stadium so don’t know how would that work. Would it be for example my dad has seniority so he get picked then any other family member season ticket holder gets blocked with him? It will interesting how they do it.

That's what I'm interested in. I'd still like a relatively normal match experience, but a decent bar and a variety of places to get a bite to eat with communal seating would be a refreshing change.

They did pitch a really wide range of ideas during the consultation, I'm surprised they haven't firmed up what the offering is, even without definitive pricing we'd start to dream ;)

Yeah if they have various places (themed bars etc) in GA I'll stick to that - are they doing that you know?

I've always been tempted by the peoples club (I think it's called) in the Park End - simply because you can sit down and chat as opposed to crammed knocking your pint everywhere.

Great post, the only issue I have with season tickets held by years is for example, my dad has been a season ticket holder for 35 years, myself 15 and my brother 10. This was due to having to wait for seats to become available. So obviously we want to be able to sit together at the new stadium so don’t know how would that work. Would it be for example my dad has seniority so he get picked then any other family member season ticket holder gets blocked with him? It will interesting how they do it.
Yeah you'd imagine they'll try to bunch families together (provided they want to of course! lol)

Whatever they decide, they'll be getting loads of moaning. Can't win.