2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

We could do something revolutionary and try starting him as well as DCL/Beto in the next game. Really live a little.

Showed some nice touches again in his limited time. Gives me hope there's something there we can utilise next season.

I pointed out early on that he should be playing in that 'Doucoure role'. Not with the same 'mandate' but to play off the centre forward.

He has all the technique and touches to bring others into play and could probably benefit from being more involved than as a lone forward.

I would like to see more of him in that Doucoure role before he eventually moves to centre forward.

Is he more of a number 10 or a striker? He has showed some lovely touches and link up play in the last few games but not much movt. in the box (although almost impossible to judge a strikers movt./goal instinct in our team).

Be interested to see what he's like out wide in the front 3. Can't see McNeill being rested but that's the position I'd look to give him a start in.

He's clearly going to have a bigger role next season. Ultimately with the limited finances the three strikers stay as they are (unless DCL has to be sold but I think he'll be here until January) so Chermiti will be given plenty more minutes from the off next season.

Was a lovely pass for that late break that ended with Beto falling over yet again.