You're all annoying me a bit now... yes thats including you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number_25

Player Valuation: £50m
Firstly may I congratulate QPR on their first Premier League win since 1997, as fortuitous as it may be.

I've been up for quite some time reading the nonsense put on this forum since the 1-0 loss yesterday afternoon, you'd swear to god that we were 37 league games in and one point from safety.

The fact of the matter is that today we played well, despite the score. 14 shots on goals, 7 on target in comparison to QPRs 4 shots and 3 on target. So that in itself shows that we dominated the game in that aspect. We also edged possession.

You may now be thinking 'Well its the result that matters' which is true, but have a look at the starting 11 that played today.

===================== Beckford ===================
================== Cahill ================== Osman=
=============== Rodwell ======= Barkley =============
===== Baines ================Heitinga ===============
============== Distin ========== Jagielka ======= Neville (c)
===============================================
====================== Howard ====================

You may notice the lack of key players such as Bilyaletdinov, Gueye, Arteta, Fellaini, Saha and Coleman, if these were either fully fit or available to play I'm pretty certain that Moyes wouldn't of set out with that formation or lineup.

======================= Saha =====================
=== Osman =============== Cahill ============ Coleman ===
===============Fellaini ========== Arteta ==============
=== Baines ========== Distin ========= Jagielka ==== Neville (c)=
======================= Howard ====================

Looking at that lineup should excite you as it does me, a team capable of being anyone put in front of them on their day.

We also have a brilliant manager in David Moyes, something we should be trying to keep hold of. Not bashing around when we have a hiccup such as this.

We should of won today, but we didn't.

But it wasn't because we are completely useless, QPR just managed to score a flukey goal where we wasted the many opportunitys that were put infront of us.

It's a Grand Old Team to play for.
It's a Grand Old Team to support.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

I agree with most of what you said, but I wouldn't be so fast to write this match off as a "hiccup". This is exactly the same old Everton start to a season. We dominate the game, can hardly ever finish, and concede on the smallest, tiniest, most pitiful chance we allow the opposition. It's not just a "C'est la vie" issue anymore

I agree with most of what you said, but I wouldn't be so fast to write this match off as a "hiccup". This is exactly the same old Everton start to a season. We dominate the game, can hardly ever finish, and concede on the smallest, tiniest, most pitiful chance we allow the opposition. It's not just a "C'est la vie" issue anymore

It's called football, it happens.

And thats why we love it oh so much!

You make sense with this but I'd also agree that our constant poor starts to the season has got to be worrying.

Firstly may I congratulate QPR on their first Premier League win since 1997, as fortuitous as it may be.

I've been up for quite some time reading the nonsense put on this forum since the 1-0 loss yesterday afternoon, you'd swear to god that we were 37 league games in and one point from safety.

The fact of the matter is that today we played well, despite the score. 14 shots on goals, 7 on target in comparison to QPRs 4 shots and 3 on target. So that in itself shows that we dominated the game in that aspect. We also edged possession.

You may now be thinking 'Well its the result that matters' which is true, but have a look at the starting 11 that played today.

You may notice the lack of key players such as Bilyaletdinov, Gueye, Arteta, Fellaini, Saha and Coleman, if these were either fully fit or available to play I'm pretty certain that Moyes wouldn't of set out with that formation or lineup.

Looking at that lineup should excite you as it does me, a team capable of being anyone put in front of them on their day.

We also have a brilliant manager in David Moyes, something we should be trying to keep hold of. Not bashing around when we have a hiccup such as this.

We should of won today, but we didn't.

But it wasn't because we are completely useless, QPR just managed to score a flukey goal where we wasted the many opportunitys that were put infront of us.

It's a Grand Old Team to play for.
It's a Grand Old Team to support.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.
you must be excited very easily then!! cos ATM my mrs's spag boll is more exciting than the way we played today,
and i don't even like italian!!
Too many players today( especially subs!! ) were not capable of passing it to a teamate!!
the only 2 positive's from todays game are baines is still the best left back in england!, and barkley was so impresive that my 8 year old lad now has his name on his new kit!!
apart from that we're ****e!!
take from that what you will, but i'm sorry you are deluded!

no excuses for me harsh in know but lets get it right qpr should have been beaten no question no matter wich formation /players we put out were they no humiliated last week at home by bolton?? reminds me of when crystal palace bummed us 4-1 that was an opening day/1st home game as well i recall. NOT GOOD ENOUGH especially when i read moyse's comments in the paper yesterday.ffs

Oh yeah right, so of course Moyes wouldn't have played 4-5-1 if he'd have had all available for selection. The man is so predictable. Same old tired formation. Same old tired tactics. If he had Barcelona's squad to choose from I bet he'd still plump for the same formation/tactics as he does with our squad.

I'm looking at those two line ups and thinking "erm, where's the massive improvement going to come from?"

A Fellaini/Arteta CM combo hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the past; Saha is superior to Beckford but we'll pretty much have to build every attack up very slowly as Saha come deep to link up; Coleman over Rodwell or Osman I'd concede will improve us there...but he's no substitute for a genuine winger who can deliver quality as well as run at FBs.

We need bodies in. We need both flanks sorting out and we need a forward. And this has been known since last season.

Arteta, Fellaini and Saha played. They didn't start but that was DM's prerogative. Regardless of our lack of Coleman, Bily and Gueye, yesterday was arguably the easiest game we'll have this season. And you've got to say that even were they fit, they'd not have started, probably wouldn't have got on the pitch. And i hate to say it but QPR were full value for the 3 points. Their goal wasn't flukey, it was a great finish born out of poor defending.

We missed a couple of real sitters and had a few half-chances and hopeful shots, but that doesn't constitute 'being unlucky'. It constitutes having an impotent attack and a manager who has no plan B other than 'Hoof !' when a team parks the bus. Its really disappointing on reflection.

Though i will agree there were some overreactions on here yesterday. We're right to be concerned about the direction the team is heading, but for this season at least, and I'd wager next season too, there is no chance of relegation becoming an issue. Mid table-Bottom half could become a reality sooner rather than later though based on our activity this summer and yesterdays performance.

Makes you wonder what they are working on in training all week prior to the game. Yesterday far too many looked like they'd had a week in the Dominican and just got off the plane......Inspire us Everton.

Flukey goal? What part was "flukey"?

Maybe the bit where he shook off his £20 million rated international marker with such ease and calmly slotted it past the international net tender.

I'll bet he left the ground thinking, "with this fortuitous streak I best get my lottery on and text the wife's sister a picture of my epididimous"

IF our preferred line-up was playing- you say. well they werent - it was 11 against 11. there was no idea to our play and after a short while QPR got the jist of the leaderless, unmotivated mess that was . they gained a bit of confidence and were happy to watch a tactically clueless team have a bit of possession without knowing what to do with the ball. any confidence and composure soon evaporated from the majority of the Everton players, who`s going to lift the team now,because if you`re not `up` for the 1st game of the season - when will you be motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.