Yobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big mistake to sell Yak. Short memories here.

Everyone on the "don't sell Yak side" (for lack of a more concise term) always says stuff like this which ignores the fact that the majority of people who think we might want to consider selling him (if the price is right) probably think that way because the injury he suffered is extraordinarily hard to fully recover from. Most (some say all) athletes fail to fully recover.

Now if you disagree with this, of course that's fine, but stop suggesting that those who might consider selling him are short-changing his accomplishments in the past or have short memories. I'm sure most of them fully remember how prolific he was (can be when fully fit) and fully appreciate it. However you can fully recognize his accomplishments and consider selling him. They are not mutually exclusive.

Everyone on the "don't sell Yak side" (for lack of a more concise term) always says stuff like this which ignores the fact that the majority of people who think we might want to consider selling him (if the price is right) probably think that way because the injury he suffered is extraordinarily hard to fully recover from. Most (some say all) athletes fail to fully recover.

Now if you disagree with this, of course that's fine, but stop suggesting that those who might consider selling him are short-changing his accomplishments in the past or have short memories. I'm sure most of them fully remember how prolific he was (can be when fully fit) and fully appreciate it. However you can fully recognize his accomplishments and consider selling him. They are not mutually exclusive.

Understood.

However...very few people have brought up what you did above, that the reason for selling Yak might come from the concern of him not being able to get over his injury.

Most have said it's because he's lazy, that he can't do it anymore, he hasn't done much for us, that he's past it. But very few have said "well it's because he might not be the same player he was prior to his injury." So my response about short memories is not only apt, it's highly appropriate as many of those same people were slating him when we bought him from Boro.

If the injury is their reason, fair play to them. But for most on here, it hasn't been.

Am I the only one who thinks Heitinga should be played in midfield instead of defense? He is a destroyer of note and can pass it well on the deck as he proved at the back end of last season. He did alright at CB for us, but he seems much better in the midfield. Which means Yobo should stay in my opinion. But Yobo starting in our defense is just asking for us to play hoofball, because hes not half as comfortable on the ball in defense as Heitinga is.

Am I the only one who thinks Heitinga should be played in midfield instead of defense? He is a destroyer of note and can pass it well on the deck as he proved at the back end of last season. He did alright at CB for us, but he seems much better in the midfield. Which means Yobo should stay in my opinion. But Yobo starting in our defense is just asking for us to play hoofball, because hes not half as comfortable on the ball in defense as Heitinga is.

Nope id have in CM as well, Heintga- Arteta - Fellaini.

I've seen it mate. Truly the most disturbing thing Ive ever seen. On a par with Hostel. I have to keep making jokes about it to get me to sleep at night.

Haha. Fair enough mate.

It does look pretty nasty, I'm gonna have to watch it soon.

I've seen it mate. Truly the most disturbing thing Ive ever seen. On a par with Hostel. I have to keep making jokes about it to get me to sleep at night.

If I never hear of that film again in my lifetime I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.