Yakubu to Stoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightwood

Player Valuation: £500k
It's common knowledge that we need a striker and have some decent cash to burn.

My brother was with some Evertonians the other day and they said that Yak could be on his way to Stoke.

To be honest, my sources say it's more likely to be kenwyn Jones from Sunderland.

Is this likely to be complete bs?

Hey mate, BS I'd say. Yak's just gone to the ACN and Saha and Vaughan are in the last year of their contracts and not guaranteed to be here next year for different reasons. Also Jo is only on loan and Anichebe still out with a serious injury I can't see us letting Yak go....

UNLESS - Moyes doesn't believe he'll get back to the levels he was capable of before his major injury. If he's permanently lost that burst of pace to get away from a centre back then Moyes may ship him out in the summer. Buyer beware.

Last edited:
I must say it was one of the rumours I am less blown away by as he dosen't seem to be the player he was before the injuries.

This transfer window will be massive for all teams this year, the PL is very tight and anyone from about 12 teams can go down.

Just need Portsmouth and WH to go into administration to sort out two of the three spots :)

Everyone saying he's not as good seems to have forgotten he's still not fully fit. I'd snap your hand off for a decent offer though and sign Robbie Keane

Bite your hand off we should.

And get who in?

He's our prime striker. He goes, Saha goes, you've got Vaughan and Anichebe...and forking out £15mill for a finisher when there are clearly other areas that need to be sorted isnt the best idea.

He's getting back to fitness as the goal he set up on the weekend showed.

I would only consider selling Yak if an offer of over 15mil was made. I think the people who doubt him now are the same doubters he had when he first came into the team. He is a goalscoring machine. I dont give a [Poor language removed] about a cash return - could we get in a better striker for the same price we sell him for, who is guaranteed to be a success? Probably not.

I would only consider selling Yak if an offer of over 15mil was made. I think the people who doubt him now are the same doubters he had when he first came into the team. He is a goalscoring machine. I dont give a [Poor language removed] about a cash return - could we get in a better striker for the same price we sell him for, who is guaranteed to be a success? Probably not.

Its also a bit arle arse on the feller.

Serious injury, hasnt really had time to get a string of games in and get on form, then we get rid? And who do you get in, Dave Kitson?

Ouch - that hurt :p

To be honest though...Fuller, Tungay, Beatie, Kitson isnt a bad line up of strikers - Beatie especially.

I know you're wanting to flog him after that bust up...but he was probably your best signing in January and was banging goals in.

You've got finishers...I think you's need someone who can pull the strings in the midfield and let them do them job rather than get a striker in.

To be honest though...Fuller, Tungay, Beatie, Kitson isnt a bad line up of strikers - Beatie especially.

I know you're wanting to flog him after that bust up...but he was probably your best signing in January and was banging goals in.

You've got finishers...I think you's need someone who can pull the strings in the midfield and let them do them job rather than get a striker in.

Kitson - can't be arsed - never settled, got family/business issues down sarf

Beattie - going to Blackburn by all accounts

Tuncay - not sure if he will ever fit in to Pulis's style of play, that said we are also supposed to be after a centre midfield player as priority which could make all the difference

Fuller - not getting at start at the mo and being a moody Jamaican that does not bode well

stoke ?

yaks wardrobe is way too trendy for you 70's fashionistas with your phil parkes haircuts and mens laquer. stoke ffs, i thought i was in some 70's version of one of those open museums.

nah mate, we saw your spiderman y-fronts and long socks when you stood up to get your mellow birds and oatcake

:D

Got to go now fellas, back on soon I'm sure. Good luck with the next few games , I hope you turn things around as in my eyes Everton are a 'proper' club with great fans.

I just hope that we can survive this 2nd season syndrome and become an established PL team. You just don't know how great it is to be back involved in top flight footy. 23 years away was tough in every sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.