Will we be able to catch southampton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, if we don't catch Southampton, we don't get Europe?

Seems unfair again from the FA! What about all the other places?

I'm confused, if we don't catch Southampton, we don't get Europe?

Seems unfair again from the FA!

You're right. It doesn't matter what other teams are doing. If Southampton didn't have the points, some other team would. Our targets remain the same as they were at the start of the season : 65 points for top 6, 71 points for top 4, or something like that. And those targets are still achievable - but we do need to be pretty ruthless in rolling over "lesser" teams from here on.

They've had a good run with injuries as well, not sure they have the depth for a season long top four campaign, so I think they can be reeled in, but we won't be the only ones chasing them down.
In all honesty I'd be delighted to see Southampton deny the RS a European place after Brenda's arrogant comments.

AcDsTtD.png

chill out

Interesting to see that Man City were 8th and 6 points off Arsenal, obviously Chelsea seem more solid this year but does show that pretty much anything can happen.

....and we only lost once, that was nice

Interesting to see that Man City were 8th and 6 points off Arsenal, obviously Chelsea seem more solid this year but does show that pretty much anything can happen.

....and we only lost once, that was nice
I don't mind losing more if we can also take 3 points more often. A win and a loss is more points than 2 draws and we have been drawing a lot of matches over the last few years. To me draws are only really useful if you're fighting relegation, or you draw against a rival (for top 4/top7/whatever) causing them to drop points.

We're 7 points behind on the same games from last season. So we need to worry about our own results before concerning ourselves with other teams.

We're a bit fortunate a number of other sides who'd expect to be higher are also struggling for points. So still plenty of time & opportunity to find some form and climb the table.

Everyone seems to think them have a good chance if getting CL footy, but when it was us pushing that hard....we got dismissed for CL footy.

If we want to finish on 79 points (Arsenal qualified 4th last year on 79) we need to get an average of 2.4 points from the rest of our games from this point on.

Obviously 4th place won't require that many points this time, but if we even want to get to 71 points we need to get an average of 2 points from the rest of our games.

They're both pretty high demands. A win and a draw every two games. Basically, we need to start winning more.

They haven't played anyone to really test them yet. Early doors' they'll be 6th/7th I reckon.

Injuries and harder games to come for them.

We've already played Liverpool and United away, Chelsea and Arsenal at home.

They've played Spurs and Liverpool....

Status
Not open for further replies.