Will we be able to catch southampton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they will slip back, but after the awful summer they had I don't begrudge them a bit of success. It must have been so difficult to see their best players ripped from the club.

Southampton are like one of those fun runners who go out and buy the latest Nike clobber look the part and blag their way to front at start of Boston marathon. Gun goes and they pissed off out in front on a full sprint and everybody goes wow look at him. Camera goes else where for a while and comes back and the fuker is gone

They just keep winning.

We need to start wining back to back games, or we can forget Europe next season

Yes, we will.
They'll start to lose games, we'll win games and we'll finish above them.

Failing that, we'll just nuke the place.

We haven't started great this season but we've had that problem before under Moyes and it was common for Martinez's Wigan. We are usually pretty good at chasing down teams, often have more problems when we are in the lead.

S'ton are a good team who are fun to watch and they don't have European games somthey could do well. A lot will depend on how badly injuries hit them during the fixture pileup around Christmas. If we don 't make it, it would be fun they kicked out one of the usual top 4.

If Everton can only win enough points to finish fourth I don't really care who finishes first second and third. I hope Southampton keep going as long as they can, I hope they enjoy every minute of their success and don't turn against themselves when things go wrong. I want Everton to finish above them

I'm positive about the fact that it's Southampton in that position. It's a good carrot at the end of the stick. If it was United or Liverpool in that position it would be too much of a mental block on the mind of the players and fans I'd say. No matter how much they would become [Poor language removed] and drop we would bottle it. We have a chance to get ahead of them two tomorrow and to let it sink in for two weeks.
Oddly enough even though we had more points this time last season I think we have a better opertunity to finally break into 4th. United don't mpress me but may give us a run bup if we don't bitch-slap Liverpool in the table this year then I'll hand in my badge and gun as a football enthusiast.

As long as the Europa doesn't become too much of a distraction .. Dips in performance post Europe is a shared trait with most clubs .. hoping we can go all the way & win it though now there's a CL spot at the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.