Will Tony Hibbert score?

• Yes

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 90 77.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he doesn't sign a contract, but absolutely nothing against him getting a coaching position provided he's good enough for that. Just because you're a terrible player doesn't mean you'll also be a woeful coach.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/everton-fcs-tony-hibbert-remain-6711588 From February.

I can understand where you are coming from, but we're all here complaining about how Europe might be too much for the players, yet, happy to bin off Big Tone? If we end up in the Europa League, and with someone like BATE Borisov away on a Thursday night, with a big league game on the sunday, then too right i'd rather use what options we have and stick Hibbert in instead of Coleman.

For 10k a week, is a useful resource to have as a backup.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/everton-fcs-tony-hibbert-remain-6711588 From February.

I can understand where you are coming from, but we're all here complaining about how Europe might be too much for the players, yet, happy to bin off Big Tone? If we end up in the Europa League, and with someone like BATE Borisov away on a Thursday night, with a big league game on the sunday, then too right i'd rather use what options we have and stick Hibbert in instead of Coleman.

For 10k a week, is a useful resource to have as a backup.
Just would rather see us play Jagielka out of position at right back than have Hibbert trot out onto the field for us again. I'm sure he's a top lid, but he's a terrible player. Plenty of youth players who could be given a run out in an emergency ahead of Tone, also.

Just would rather see us play Jagielka out of position at right back than have Hibbert trot out onto the field for us again. I'm sure he's a top lid, but he's a terrible player. Plenty of youth players who could be given a run out in an emergency ahead of Tone, also.

I'm not disagreeing with you one bit, he's bloody hopeless, he really is, but at least with him in a reduced playing role, he'd still be a body, and If we end up with someone like Accrington Stanley on a midweek game in the Carling Cup, then frankly, i'd rather see 'The Shoe' in there before Jagielka.

Also, I agree with the youth, but Martinez clearly likes having him around the training ground, and maybe Hibbert isn't interested in a coaching role, so may be the only way to keep him around.

I'm not disagreeing with you one bit, he's bloody hopeless, he really is, but at least with him in a reduced playing role, he'd still be a body, and If we end up with someone like Accrington Stanley on a midweek game in the Carling Cup, then frankly, i'd rather see 'The Shoe' in there before Jagielka.

Also, I agree with the youth, but Martinez clearly likes having him around the training ground, and maybe Hibbert isn't interested in a coaching role, so may be the only way to keep him around.
If we can afford the wages, his experience and love of the club might make him a useful person to have in the playing squad... you can't put a price on that kind of infectious attitude towards the club that he has, so in that respect I guess it wouldn't be all bad!

And agree with the Accrington Stanley shout... but you just know he'd cost us a peno and we'd get knocked out. lol

There is a bloke on talkSPORT right now, the editor of The Angling Times, talking about footballers who are keen fishermen.

And he was saying that our Tone, described by this bloke as an "Everton legend", is big into fishing.

And that he owns a lake in France where people go to catch carp.

There is a bloke on talkSPORT right now, the editor of The Angling Times, talking about footballers who are keen fishermen.

And he was saying that our Tone, described by this bloke as an "Everton legend", is big into fishing.

And that he owns a lake in France where people go to catch carp.

Yeah i heard that driving home earlier,

Aguero also sea fishing just off Southport :celebrate:

He may not have been particularly good at scoring, but his two crosses in the 4-4 at United were superb, and that wasn't the first time his crossing was pinpoint. Footballers come in all shapes and sizes, and they range from defensive to attacking to technical. Tone was a good defender and a decent crosser. I hope he'll score against 'Ull, because I think I would have to start rioting in central Huddersfield with happiness.

I don't get the Hibbert hate on here. Alway loved the lad - true Blue and put up some superb performances in his time. I'd get him signed for as long as he wants!

Status
Not open for further replies.