Why so doom and gloom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so much "Doom and Gloom" for me, just concern at our lack of ability to put the ball in the net.

Same for me...not 'Doom and Gloom', more disappointment really. I was expecting 7 points from those last three games, we got 2, and no matter what the stats say....Arsenal beat us.

Was it Harold Wilson......Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics.......?

We may have scored a similar number of goals as this time last season but are we not conceding more? Upfront to me is still problematical.

The dissapointment stems from the stats quoted in the OP. We've done so well in the games without getting the results. I think I'm more upset with being so close to winning than getting a good old 3 nil outclassed thumping that you can take on a Sam Allardyce like chin!

The general ideas I seem to be getting from this thread is that we are worried with the scoring of goals, all I can say is; have faith, we will come good sooner rather than later. The main reason I put this thread up is to get some positivity going, maybe I should have chose a different title to something more like "Keep The Faith," I think that might be slightly more appropriate for this thread.

WhySoSerious.jpg

Add to my reputation here guys.
Its simple.
Heitinga aint ever gonna score goals as DM (well done to the lad btw, he's snuffed out the opposition playmakers, giving us more points than we may have had if not).
Added to that, Arteta never scores goals in abundance, but adds more to our play when he can slot into DM, when Fellaini/Rodwell (goalscorers) swap their defensive duties and go foraging forward.
This allows more space for the attackers (goalscorers) when space is released, when the opposition have to go towards the advancing Fellaini/Rodwells to defend against them (more opportunities to score).
Now that these DM guys are getting back to fitness, and our forwards are getting sharper with more competitiveness, and a better bench.
Watch us rocket!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)b):):D

Ok reg nep me then b)b)b)

Add to my reputation here guys.
Its simple.
Heitinga aint ever gonna score goals as DM (well done to the lad btw, he's snuffed out the opposition playmakers, giving us more points than we may have had if not).
Added to that, Arteta never scores goals in abundance, but adds more to our play when he can slot into DM, when Fellaini/Rodwell (goalscorers) swap their defensive duties and go foraging forward.
This allows more space for the attackers (goalscorers) when space is released, when the opposition have to go towards the advancing Fellaini/Rodwells to defend against them (more opportunities to score).
Now that these DM guys are getting back to fitness, and our forwards are getting sharper with more competitiveness, and a better bench.
Watch us rocket!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)b):):D

Ok reg nep me then b)b)b)
Thats it lid,some off these divs especially on another web site,want to [Poor language removed] across the park and get a season ticket fore the Kemlin rd

I'm still pretty excited. I look at it this way: at least we're not West Ham. Now there's a dire place to be.

EDIT: For Americans, I support the Niners - that's how low my bar can go of late. Everton is *nowhere* near that. But even there I say, at least I'm not the Cowboys!

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm still pretty excited. I look at it this way: at least we're not West Ham. Now there's a dire place to be.
Agreed.
They are looking likely for the drop, but I cant see how they can do better than Avram Grant. Sacking him will confirm they are going down for me.

Nothing less than their owners deserve, only offering £5 million for Yak but turning down £10 million of LFC for Carlton Cole. Idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.