Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmaclad

No mate
Ok, so we lost to Arsenal, but did any of you actually look at the stats:
Everton had 14 shots to Arsenals 10.
9 (yes nine!) corners to their 2.
49% possession.
57% territory. (Possibly the most interesting fact).
We would only dream of this a couple of seasons ago against the team I think most likely to pip Chelsea to the title, we have moved forward.
We are only 4 points off fifth, and a couple of wins will put us back up there. Only a week ago you were all saying we were going to finish 4th, now we are going to finish bottom half? That's being almost as bad as Liverpool fans!
I genuinely think that we are only an inform Yak and/or Saha (I thought they both looked close against Arsenal) away from Europe, so keep believing, and bring on Sunderland next week!
And before you say, yes I am a new poster and no I don't think I'm insane. But I just think positive, maybe you lot might enjoy things more if you do!
In Moyes I trust.

(Bring on the onslaught, *takes cover*)

We've had the better of our opponents in almost every game we've played this season and not made the chances count. that's the basic and the only problem. End of story

Yes, I hope we get to good ways and stop ******* around the penalty area all the time or we'll continue this downfall and before we know it...the gap above us will expand and then even a resurgence in form won't help us.

We've had the better of our opponents in almost every game we've played this season and not made the chances count. that's the basic and the only problem. End of story

Yes, I hope we get to good ways and stop ******* around the penalty area all the time or we'll continue this downfall and before we know it...the gap above us will expand and then even a resurgence in form won't help us.

Why so negative, looking at the way the season is going. I think that there is only going to be about 5 or 6 points between 4th and 9th. So as long as we are around and about a charge will definitely see us up there.
I see your point about the not converting of chances, which is why I think a run of goals from either of our strikers will see us beating these teams we dominate, Fabianski made a few good saves off of Saha yesterday, next time I think one of those might go in.
Saha to score against Sunderland, 2 - 0, happy days!

Personally, i can't see us scoring and that is where the worry is. We are lacking something at the minute. You can see the players don't seem confident in going forward.

We'l be fine, we always are, Everton under Moyes always pull a magical moment out every season and i have no doubts we will again. Remember we were worse off last season and we came good. Plus, this league is so tight at the minute, a run of wins and we'l be up there. Trying to remain optimistic, but this Everton team isn't playing like it did towards the back end of last season

Why so negative, looking at the way the season is going. I think that there is only going to be about 5 or 6 points between 4th and 9th. So as long as we are around and about a charge will definitely see us up there.
I see your point about the not converting of chances, which is why I think a run of goals from either of our strikers will see us beating these teams we dominate, Fabianski made a few good saves off of Saha yesterday, next time I think one of those might go in.
Saha to score against Sunderland, 2 - 0, happy days!

I'm not being negative mate. You do remember what happened last season don't you? We were awful before Christmas and when we struck some form, the teams above us were way to far to catch up.

I don't want that to happen again cos every team won't be 4 points adrift us. They'll get an odd win here and there and the gap will increase so unless we don't help ourselves, we won't get back up.

I can't see this bad form all season either, it'l end but the worrying thing is that it's not injuries this season that's affecting us, it's the form of players and as a manager that's a bigger worry

Personally, i can't see us scoring and that is where the worry is. We are lacking something at the minute. You can see the players don't seem confident in going forward.

We'l be fine, we always are, Everton under Moyes always pull a magical moment out every season and i have no doubts we will again. Remember we were worse off last season and we came good. Plus, this league is so tight at the minute, a run of wins and we'l be up there. Trying to remain optimistic, but this Everton team isn't playing like it did towards the back end of last season

Have a look at the run of positive results last season, we are still scoring the same amount of goals this season! One or two a match. I agree that we aren't looking as dangerous as last season, but Distin and Jags are looking like a very top quality defensive partnership. We just haven't had some of the rub of the green in front of goal yet, one will go in from a deflection soon enough and we will go another run. Positivity is the key!

I'm not being negative mate. You do remember what happened last season don't you? We were awful before Christmas and when we struck some form, the teams above us were way to far to catch up.

I don't want that to happen again cos every team won't be 4 points adrift us. They'll get an odd win here and there and the gap will increase so unless we don't help ourselves, we won't get back up.

I can't see this bad form all season either, it'l end but the worrying thing is that it's not injuries this season that's affecting us, it's the form of players and as a manager that's a bigger worry

I see your point, but we have already had a little upturn in form and only lost once. A win against Sunderland will send us on another run, and we will make up the space in the table.

I see your point, but we have already had a little upturn in form and only lost once. A win against Sunderland will send us on another run, and we will make up the space in the table.

I hope so mate. That form was finished for me the moment we drew with b'pool and bolton and then played rubbish against bolton and arsenal. Maybe Sunderland will be the spring ;)

I hope so mate. That form was finished for me the moment we drew with b'pool and bolton and then played rubbish against bolton and arsenal. Maybe Sunderland will be the spring ;)

Maybe it's just that I'm going crazy, but I have some strange feeling that we will batter these, and that we will go on a run similar to last season!

Not so much "Doom and Gloom" for me, just concern at our lack of ability to put the ball in the net.

The thing is, we are still scoring the same amount of goals as we were last season. On average one or two a game, and one of our strikers will come good soon enough!

Bit of a leap of faith for me at the moment that, I'm afraid.

That's fair enough, but haven't you seen any signs whatsoever that our strikers are coming close to form? The Yak is looking like he was when he arrived, Saha is looking quicker and fitter than I have seen him for a while, and Becks is looking much more dangerous after that goal.

It will probably take something horrible like Cahill getting injured and Moyes' hand being forced into playing Saha and Beckford up front or something for us to click.

When we do we'll really batter someone, I'm convinced. Just hope it's sooner rather than April.

That's fair enough, but haven't you seen any signs whatsoever that our strikers are coming close to form? The Yak is looking like he was when he arrived, Saha is looking quicker and fitter than I have seen him for a while, and Becks is looking much more dangerous after that goal.

I agree that Becks is looking sharper around the goal, Yak is looking hungry and Saha looks a bit sharper than he has in a while. Feels like clutching at straws at the moment though.

It's points that matter when all's said and done, and we're not registering nearly enough at the moment. We need more months like last month. 2 from 9, coming from behind to draw in matches against Blackpool and Bolton isn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.