Who should be our starting striker???

Who should be our starting striker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Truth

Player Valuation: £25m
Ok so we all know we are never going to go 442 so who do you think should be our starting striker? I have to go with Beckford because he actually gets chances.

Yak....

Always, the Yak.

End of the day, as a striker you need to be in the box to score goals. Beckford does that and he also does it when the team actually starts to cross the ball.

For some reason, Yak and Saha tend not to get into the box IMO.

Agreed. He is finding the spots and getting the chances. Now he's starting to put a few in the net, he needs to get a run in the team. And getting some important career goals now against ManU and Chelsea should do some good for his confidence too...

Yak....

Always, the Yak.

End of the day, as a striker you need to be in the box to score goals. Beckford does that and he also does it when the team actually starts to cross the ball.

I don't disagree with the Yak either. He's always delivered for us. I'd take either to be honest but I'd like to see Beckford get 90 minutes.

Yakubu is obviously a more rounded (no pun intended) and a more complete player, but Saha...? Beckford has to start up front now. Don't drop him like we did with Yakubu a month or so ago.....keep the momentum going!!

Beckford will always do more frustrating things than any other of our strikers, like taking a shot with his left from 30 yards instead of slotting Rodwell in, but I have a feeling he's gonna come of use now he's finally getting some time!

Don't get me wrong, I still love the yak, and if we are pushing the midfield up around him, I think he is the better "holding" forward and can do a better job getting the rest of the team involved, but Beckford seems to have the eye for goal at the moment. We just don't have enough possession or push the game forward enough (except in the last 15 minutes of the game) for us to win with yak right now.

I think if we push the game and play like we have late in games (chelsea, manu, a few others) I think Yak OR Beckford will benefit. I think it still has less to do with the man in the game and more to do with form and tactics (how the ENTIRE team is playing and how much we are going after a game.)

Yak....

Always, the Yak.

The Yak for me too. I know Beckford just scored, but the Yak -- if we play 4-5-1 -- is the only striker to really fit into that role and thrive in it.

I'd rather see the Yak and Beckford together though, starting.

Thing with Beckford is that he's mostly always in the box...he's never going out wide or dropping very deep. So when a chance appears in the box, he'll get on it.

The problem with Yak is that....he's nowdays never in the box for me. He's either been told to do this, or he thinks that's a good thing to do.

Saha...we're not the most creative team and rely on crosses. Saha, on form, tends to create his own chances and scores. He's not doing that.

Thing with Beckford is that he's mostly always in the box...he's never going out wide or dropping very deep. So when a chance appears in the box, he'll get on it.

The problem with Yak is that....he's nowdays never in the box for me. He's either been told to do this, or he thinks that's a good thing to do.

Saha...we're not the most creative team and rely on crosses. Saha, on form, tends to create his own chances and scores. He's not doing that.

I actually agree with all of this. When Saha is on form he's clearly the best fit for our team. Yak doesn't work well on his own for me. Beckford gets more chances in 10 minutes than all others combined for the entire game. Stick him in and hope he hits the net. I think he will come good but he needs experience at this level and we'll have to suffer through some growing pains, but the payoff could be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.