When we get 4th how does the transfer policy work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What figures are you looking at? The net debt has increased since 2005.

I'm not actually looking at any figures, just what's coming out of Goodison and previous threads on the subject.

If I try and figure it out we had debts of about £46m in January 2013. At the start of this year it was reported that we'd reduced our debts by £700k but those accounts are for the period June 2012-June 2013. Since then we've netted £19m in transfers according to Soccerbase. TV money is going up by a minimum of £14m and each televised game is now worth about £2m extra (we will have been on an extra 3 times already this year by the end of the month). The new deal with Chang is about an extra £1.3m per year. We're likely to collect at least another £1.5m in prize money. And we've shedded some top-earners such as Moyes (£4m pa), Fellaini (£3.9m pa) and Neville (£2.6m pa).

I know that this is pretty general but:

£46m
-£0.7m debt pay down
-£19m net player transfers
-£18m? extra tv revenue
-£6m? tv facility charges
-£1.3m Chang
-£1.5m prize money
-£10.5m salaries

= +11m

Roberto has said that he has a transfer war-chest and that we're no longer in a position where we need to sell to buy. He has also said that he doesn't need the extra tv revenue for player acquisitions and that he wants to use it to make considerable (and expensive) changes to Finch Farm. That suggests that our financial position has changed dramatically recently.

could see lukaku on a permanent being most of our budget, Traore on another seaosn long loan as why keep him here injured, and Kone

Lukaku, Traore, Kone

very good options imo!

yep, with naismith/mirallas to share the burden of 4th choice should all 3 get injured again. too early to say whether i like traore yet or not though. could possibly do with a more experienced 2nd choice.

I expect one big signing -- Lukaku

New contracts for Barkley, Coleman, Stones and McCarthy (this will cost alot)

Barry -- if his wages fit

Traore, Rodwell on loan and attempt for deulofeu again.

A free transfer

An unknown quantity

promotion of 1 or 2 from academy ( I was very impressed yesterday with a few in the U21 derby )

The building of the 1st team should not be overnight. The objective of CL was a work in progress. I honestly think Martinez wants to build a team, not just to qualify, but to compete, and hopefully, eventually win the thing.

Refering to the above, a good example is Atletico. Wanting to compete in CL but dropping into EL from time to time, then win the EL twice and now have a real chance of CL. They have often lost their star player in this process but have still got stronger. They also have arguably the 2 most awful clubs domestically to try and compete with in regards to attracting players and support.

If it is sell to buy it will still be sell the players we dont need or want, none of the contracted players we like are going anywhere.

If we want decent replacements we'll have to sell the players we can get money for, that won't be Hibbert and Osman.

I'm not actually looking at any figures, just what's coming out of Goodison and previous threads on the subject.

If I try and figure it out we had debts of about £46m in January 2013. At the start of this year it was reported that we'd reduced our debts by £700k but those accounts are for the period June 2012-June 2013. Since then we've netted £19m in transfers according to Soccerbase. TV money is going up by a minimum of £14m and each televised game is now worth about £2m extra (we will have been on an extra 3 times already this year by the end of the month). The new deal with Chang is about an extra £1.3m per year. We're likely to collect at least another £1.5m in prize money. And we've shedded some top-earners such as Moyes (£4m pa), Fellaini (£3.9m pa) and Neville (£2.6m pa).

£46m
-£0.7m debt pay down
-£18m? extra tv revenue
-£1.3m Chang
-£1.5m prize money
-£10.5m salaries

= +11m

Roberto has said that he has a transfer war-chest and that we're no longer in a position where we need to sell to buy. He has also said that he doesn't need the extra tv revenue for player acquisitions and that he wants to use it to make considerable (and expensive) changes to Finch Farm. That suggests that our financial position has changed dramatically recently.

Ive now read this post 4 times and none of it makes any sense what so ever.

I expect one big signing -- Lukaku

New contracts for Barkley, Coleman, Stones and McCarthy (this will cost alot)

Barry -- if his wages fit

Traore, Rodwell on loan and attempt for deulofeu again.

A free transfer

An unknown quantity

promotion of 1 or 2 from academy ( I was very impressed yesterday with a few in the U21 derby )

The building of the 1st team should not be overnight. The objective of CL was a work in progress. I honestly think Martinez wants to build a team, not just to qualify, but to compete, and hopefully, eventually win the thing.
I don't really want Deulofeu for another reason: I want Barca to be punished for illegal tapping of that certain kid. More transfer bans will make everyone stick to developing their own talent.

Barry could work, but in exchange we sorely need a real #10.
We now see Barkley better as a #8; in #10 Even a fading Wilshere might be a good gamble (if Wenger is finally fed up with his lack of progress).
Though, I would prefer a Mueller/Holtby/Oscar type of player: that means either Naismith up his game, or someone is brought in. Holtby is a good punt but he seems he can only work under Magrath. Couldn't think of another good "hardworking #10" at the moment.

£46m
-£0.7m debt pay down
-£18m? extra tv revenue
-£1.3m Chang
-£1.5m prize money
-£10.5m salaries

= +11m

Our financial position will still be the same next year, i will guarantee it.

We will spend money this window, but the transfer payments will be staged over a number of years. So this summers transfers will affect the next 7-8 transfer windows, we will be back to sell to buy. Just thought id mention that now before people get excited in the summer with us buying players.

As for the extra tv money, well all the previous deals have been record breaking and yet over that period of time the net debt has increased with us. The extra money will goto the players and agents pockets.

We will spend money this window, but the transfer payments will be staged over a number of years. So this summers transfers will affect the next 7-8 transfer windows, we will be back to sell to buy. Just thought id mention that now before people get excited in the summer with us buying players.

As for the extra tv money, well all the previous deals have been record breaking and yet over that period of time the net debt has increased with us. The extra money will goto the players and agents pockets.

Cant argue with that. I still believe we'll be selling to buy this year til we see otherwise

I might be over-optimistic and too trusting but I think that this has been a watershed period for our finances. Of course the loan fees won't have been cheap (although West Brom were able to afford Lukaku last year and the Deulofeu deal seems to be set up to incentivise us to play him), but I think that we've taken a giant stride towards a more sustainable business model.

The impression I get is that we're solvent and that if we were to achieve CL football it would be a massive boost. I believe Roberto when he says that he has money available and he's waiting for the right time to spend it. And, given our record for selling assets in the past, I can't believe that we'd tell United that they were wasting their time bidding for a player close to 30 and with not too long left on their contract (at the time) if finances were still a pressing issue.

Ive now read this post 4 times and none of it makes any sense what so ever.

1) Our last available accounts showed a small profit and we were able to reduce our £46m debts by £700k.
2) According to most sources we've shown a net profit on transfers of about £19m this year.
3) The bottom club in the Premier League will receive an extra £14m in tv money this year. Consrvatively, our share might be £18m+.
4) Every time that a club is shown on tv they receive a 'facility fee' of about £6m, which is about £2m more per game than last season. By the end of this month we will have been televised 15 times this year compared to 12 in the whole of last season. I actually underestimated this figure and only added the extra £2m to the three extra matches rather than the entire 15.
5) The new Chang deal is an extra £1.3m per year over 3 years.
6) Our league placing is likely to be about two places higher than last season. Prize money will rise anyway, but each place higher will be worth something like three quarters of a million pound more.
7) And we've discarded two of our highest earners (Moyes and Fellaini), replacing them with people who were (albeit temporarily) in the Championship.

So, our income should have increased by tens of millions of pounds and our costs, hopefully, will have come down a touch. If we haven't been able to pay off our debts then we should have been able to greatly reduce them at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.