When we get 4th how does the transfer policy work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be get top four, no doubt it'll be considered too dangerous by the club's owners for Martinez to go out and buy 2 or 3 relatively top class players (maybe similar names to Soldado, Eriksen of Spurs) as when we fail to get top four next season it'll mean disaster stations and a mass sell-off.

Sell to buy, then.

It will work like this-

Roberto: Bill, can I have some money to buy some new players?
Bill: Hey whatdafuq? You think I'm MADE of money?!!
Roberto: OK sorry boss, just asking y'know..
I think your kenwright impression is spot on. I often imagine him saying whatdafuq.

When we finish 4th, it will be great but it i only a CL qualifier. A qualifier where we will be guaranteed to face a great team because we have awful coefficient. The 2nd leg does get played until the very end of August so how do we go about the transfers?

Certain players would only join if they knew they would get CL and leaving it until the last couple days of the window really narrows down the potential signings, especially the ones that can only be made with CL as players of that quality rarely go in the last couple days.

If it was a team like Arsenal they would probably sign the players regardless because they can afford to take the risk as it financially wont impact them much however our transfer will be MASSIVELY effected by the CL money which means we cant take the risk.

How will we go about this. This is a major worry to me. Not signing the quality players before the qualifiers obviously means we have less chance of winning but we similtaniously cant afford to buy that calibre of player until we get through the qualifier. Through in the loss of Barry, Delo, and especially Lukaku and the qualifier becomes very difficult.

It would be gutting if we lost the qualifier. Is anyone else worried about how we go about transfer this summer?

Not true.

2012 seeded teams included Copenhagen, Spartak Moskva, Panathinaikos, who are all well below standards, whereas the non-seeded teams included Málaga, Monchengladbach, Lille, Udinese and Braga, so it doesn't ALWAYS end up being that way.

Yeah, I reckon our forward 3 of Lukaku, Jones and Nugent will take us far in the Champions League

could see lukaku on a permanent being most of our budget, Traore on another seaosn long loan as why keep him here injured, and Kone

Lukaku, Traore, Kone

very good options imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.