When we get 4th how does the transfer policy work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that time we were in severe debt too. It seems as if we've now cleared our overdraft and there are funds available, especially as Roberto wants to use the tv money to develop Finch Farm.

I don't think we have too many weak links though, so I think that money will be spent wisely on particular targets who will compliment what we've already got.

What figures are you looking at? The net debt has increased since 2005.

Don't mean to get ppl excited but in 1 of the papers today it's reported City are going to fail the Fair play which "could" result in them being kicked out the CL or a transfer ban. Let's see if FIFA has the balls to follow that through

Don't mean to get ppl excited but in 1 of the papers today it's reported City are going to fail the Fair play which "could" result in them being kicked out the CL or a transfer ban. Let's see if FIFA has the balls to follow that through

Knowing our fortune they'll end up reducing the number of English clubs! Anything to keep us out!

finishing 4th wont make an ounce of difference to our transfer policy in all honesty.

Do you really think the board will gamble money on a qualifier that could go wrong? They didn't last time and have not gambled since.

the only way we will see an increase in transfer policy is if we finish there next year as well.

Will not happen at all, not a single thing will be done to them.

PSG are the examples for FFP. Its a load of tosh

I would assume it's paid either at the end of the season or as the season progresses although I'm not sure tbh

that's what i though, so all this talk about possible £25m-£30m being added to our kitty or having a different transfer policy is redundant?

we're not going to wait a whole season to but CL quality players because we can afford them in the future as opposed to cheaper alternatives this summer.

Will not happen at all, not a single thing will be done to them.

PSG are the examples for FFP. Its a load of tosh
PSG and Man City are 2 of 20 clubs being investigated and there having meeting today and tommorrow to discuss it, so we will find out more tommorrow

that's what i though, so all this talk about possible £25m-£30m being added to our kitty or having a different transfer policy is redundant?

we're not going to wait a whole season to but CL quality players because we can afford them in the future as opposed to cheaper alternatives this summer.

Depends mate, theirs multiple ways that the CL can influence the current season spend, as it's a known 'x' amount of income at the season end then its a figure that can be worked with (low end estimate as in what's guaranteed can be anyway), bit like the way some clubs this year have spent the current seasons transfer money increases before a ball was kicked - Norwich for example

Our track record would suggest that it wouldn't be spent, but as I've laid out a few times now, theirs a lot of parallels to the season coming to the one coming that Moyes enjoyed his only transfer kitty up their with the others (25m plus for 9 years ago would be like 40m+ now I guess)

It's basically what we have to repeat during the summer this time around to give Martinez the chance to mould the team further towards his goal

PSG and Man City are 2 of 20 clubs being investigated and there having meeting today and tommorrow to discuss it, so we will find out more tommorrow
I fear that they are now trying to push for a breakaway European super league or something similar, unless FFP is removed. A FIFA ban would actually help them as they can just claim they are no longer playing "football", the players no longer need to play for silly tourneys (in clubs' view) every second year, and they can further mould their game to better suit televised audience.

It will work like this-

Roberto: Bill, can I have some money to buy some new players?
Bill: Hey whatdafuq? You think I'm MADE of money?!!
Roberto: OK sorry boss, just asking y'know..

Status
Not open for further replies.