When we get 4th how does the transfer policy work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine we got fourth and continued with sell to buy.
I'm amazed this seems to be a minority opinion in the soundings taken thus far.

I'd say that sell to buy - delivering a small net spend on top of what's generated - has to be the hot favourite of summer window scenarios.

There's nothing either in what's gone before or what's been said by significant people at the club regarding the summer to suggest we're spending a lot of cash

Lad, third is not on. Even if we stick 19 past City. Let's aim for it, but be more than happy if we end up fourth. :)

I'm amazed this seems to be a minority opinion in the soundings taken thus far.

I'd say that sell to buy delivering a small net spend on top of what's generated has to be the hot favourite of summer window scenarios.

There's nothing either in what's gone before or what's been said by significant people at the club regarding the summer to suggest we're spending a lot of cash
I suspect we will buy without selling, but it will just be a portion of the money from the past two windows.

I don't expect a positive net spend when viewed through the lens of 'since Martinez was here, we've spent'. But I do expect it to be positive if just viewing next summer.

Yeah its only one game in hand. We ain't finishing ahead of city though, i still have hope for city winning the league anyhow.

I suspect we will buy without selling, but it will just be a portion of the money from the past two windows.

I don't expect a positive net spend when viewed through the lens of 'since Martinez was here, we've spent'. But i do expect it to be positive if just viewing next summer.

This lot are masters of making money disappear and pacifying fans to boot.

I'd rule nothing out, tbh...even another negative net spend.

These people have one thing only on their mind: make payments on interest on loans taken out and paying down the interest and principal on the securitization rip off from 2002. If they make that for the financial year and have some cash over, it'll just go toward making up the cash required to pay down all that lot again for the following year, or paying off altogether the bridging loans they took up offshore.

They could basically give a flying [Poor language removed] about Roberto and the team. That manager will see virtually nothing of substance.

Nah, there has to be money to spend this summer, the just HAS to be.

There's no excuse for anything else this year.

Anything other than a big positive net spend after saving money we made this year, the new TV and potentially Europe money, and the board should be driven out by all Evertonians.

I'm someone who's been fairly even handed on the board so far, but there can be no way they can't support Roberto this summer.

Bjbwm7jCQAAcqwP.jpg

Doesn't fill you with a great deal of hope like does it?

Kin gangsters.

Apparently people are waiting until THIS window THIS summer before making their mind up on withdrawing the benefit of the doubt from the carpet baggers.

Amazing.
I like you, lid.

You talk sense.

interesting topic and points raised tbh.

suppose it could all hinge on who we draw as well.

imo, you get in a couple of targets for that tie who are CL backup but EL starters, for example, we'll need 2 strikers, you get in the second best striker, if you go through, you can then buy the first choice. If you don't get through, they become your best striker and you buy a cheaper backup. all risky because your targets could be gone by then (presuming the tie isn't a forgone conclusion after 1st leg). basically, you have to try and sell it to the player that we're going to get through the tie and if they're prepared to wait, then so be it.

ah i dunno which way to go about it actually, ha.

Rom as a marquee and a couple of players in and around the first team is a bare min for me also get the loans sorted early

Status
Not open for further replies.