What was missing last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was it too offensive?

Of course it was mate. We had 3 wingers and Barkley at CM. We looked ridiculously vulnerable every time they broke.

I think McCarthy's absence was felt. Those little breaks that went their way, the tiny bits of space they found -- that's the kind of thing James reads and quashes.

Everyone saying top four gone it is by no means gone! If hull take points on Sunday we will be up for utd. It can twist back in our favour very easily

Of course it was mate. We had 3 wingers and Barkley at CM. We looked ridiculously vulnerable every time they broke.

I think McCarthy's absence was felt. Those little breaks that went their way, the tiny bits of space they found -- that's the kind of thing James reads and quashes.

Kev has played behind the striker before and has played as a striker himself tbf

I thought Barkley was played alongside Barry? Might be mistaken

RM made a big mistake by selecting this line up - He should of started with Osman & Naismith and left McGeady & Deulofeu on the bench.

Naismith maybe slow but he makes good runs, and when a team is defending with 9 men, you need players to make runs.

With the team we started with, will not win us many games.

Also when I seem the line up yesterday I thought well he's going for it and wasn't too disappointed only concern was that McCarthy covers a lot of ground and helps the team. Gerry never helped Coleman and then McGeady never helped baines who had a terrible game was he injured? We just didn't look the same team going forward

bottle....

we got into the top 4, the pressure came on for the first time this season, and we couldn't handle it....

now we're underdogs again, we'll probably beat United.....

as for McCarthy....ofcourse we missed him.....that's the problem when you lose Gibson for a full season and don't buy another midfielder!...McCarthy & Barry have had to play every game, we have no one to replace them.....

This could swing in are favour as when the pressure is on us to win we just Carnt do it now the pressure has swung onto arsenal I'm with bobby I don't think arse will win all there remaining games I just hope we do.

On reflection they had 4 shots TH save one their 2 goals 2nd and 3rd were poor mistakes - we hit the bar the keeper saved one luckily off Barkley with his foot - Osman hit the bar - KM kicked fresh air instead of the ball near the end - they wasted a lot of time and the Ref was never on our side Baines booked for a clash of heads letting trainers on unnecessary to add to even more wasted time so all that was missing was just 1 elusive goal to put us back 4th place - its not over yet Palace had a game plan our team selection underestimated them - But on reflection we were bad and created quite a bit RB was outstanding last night by the way!

Kev has played behind the striker before and has played as a striker himself tbf

I thought Barkley was played alongside Barry? Might be mistaken

Yes, he was, that's what I said -- CM.

My point being he's a more attacking player and though I would like to see him develop into that role it's not what he's used to, yet.

The problem is that we lost Barkley's attacking midfield presence by having a more attacking player take his place. And simultaneously lost McCarthy's defensive presence by having Barkley take his place.

Now that's what I call catastrophising.

We lost one game, narrowly. It's not that bad.
Didnt say it was,it was on last nights performance,which was "what was missing last night" in the title-we have done absolutely brilliant,and i am very happy with the way we have gone this season-we will going beat man utd now sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.