What was missing last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

justmeinit

Player Valuation: £950k
After watching the game last night we really missed Darron Gibson someone to play those 45 yard cross field balls to pick out our wingers. There were loads of times when our wingers had loads of space but we took to long to get the ball to them and by the time we did they had 9 men behind the ball.

Belief,Enthusiasm,the will to win,the will to fight,players not bothered,everything quite a lot of that game for me

Yes we missed McCarthy for sure too. That was the worst I've seen Lukaku this season too. He got hit in the balls after about 10 mins then after that he didn't seem arsed. I think he made one decent run 2nd half. Naismith looked a lot more dangerous with his runs

After watching the game last night we really missed Darron Gibson someone to play those 45 yard cross field balls to pick out our wingers. There were loads of times when our wingers had loads of space but we took to long to get the ball to them and by the time we did they had 9 men behind the ball.

Stones did several of those to be fair.
I think we were mainly missing any respect for the opposition.
Played too offensive a lineup, yet our fullbacks spent most of the time on the back foot.
Coleman was pretty annonymous going forwards, Baines seemed to be running through treacle for large amounts of the game, Deulofeu's decision making is getting worse and is only rivalled by Lukaku's first touch.
Second to most balls until a short spell after we got the first goal back, then we looked up for it, and like we should of done all game. Brains on United I suspect.
First loss in 8 though, i'll take that.

God knows, but I would really like to see the formation used against Arsenal utilised on Sunday. Could give United problems.

Stones did several of those to be fair.
I think we were mainly missing any respect for the opposition.
Played too offensive a lineup, yet our fullbacks spent most of the time on the back foot.
Coleman was pretty annonymous going forwards, Baines seemed to be running through treacle for large amounts of the game, Deulofeu's decision making is getting worse and is only rivalled by Lukaku's first touch.
Second to most balls until a short spell after we got the first goal back, then we looked up for it, and like we should of done all game. Brains on United I suspect.
First loss in 8 though, i'll take that.

How was it too offensive?

The only thing missing last was how we underestimated Palace, that team, on paper should have went through them and it didn't. In the first half they limited us to anything but pot shots from outside the box.

they're a hardworking defensive unit, they did the same at selhurst park to us. If you think it was all down to us, go ask Jose about how difficult they found it

if martinez would have started osman insread of barkley this defeat would have been laid at his feet; if naismith would have started and had nightmare it would have been his fault.

palace deserved the win for the effort and discipline. Move on to to the next game

How was it too offensive?

Clearly Coleman and Baines were allowed to venture forwards as per usual, but then so was Barkley. The result was that a few scares at the beginning forced the fullbacks backwards and as such they became less of a threat than usual.
Barkley should of been kept back more if both were bombing on, or forwards with only one FB going at a time.

All just opinions of course but that's mine.

Shame Mccarthy was injured, makes a big difference to us.

Last edited:
The only thing missing last was how we underestimated Palace, that team, on paper should have went through them and it didn't. In the first half they limited us to anything but pot shots from outside the box.

they're a hardworking defensive unit, they did the same at selhurst park to us. If you think it was all down to us, go ask Jose about how difficult they found it

if martinez would have started osman insread of barkley this defeat would have been laid at his feet; if naismith would have started and had nightmare it would have been his fault.

palace deserved the win for the effort and discipline. Move on to to the next game

The players?

Status
Not open for further replies.